Author Topic: Back after hiatus  (Read 1036 times)

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Back after hiatus
« on: September 16, 2019, 04:22:30 PM »
Greetings all, 

Been a spell from last I got chance to contribute. Last thing I did was have an unsuccessful round with brass for the 45-75.  While I cleared the jam the effort resulted in a buggered screw head.    Being a picky sort about such particulars ordered a new one but the over zealous toque at Uberti meant I couldn?t get the old one out. Rifle went to my gunsmith who is really good but backed up which means I had to do other things.  Well the 76 came home from hospital today good as new and I am one happy old man!  Lesson learned measure those case rims in a new batch of brass and give thanks for a good gunsmith!  Now if this oven we call weather outside ever cools will try to stir the pot again with pics of a shooting session!

Keep ya powder dry.

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Back after hiatus
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 05:55:01 AM »
Mr. Pinto Bean's , been gone a while myself . Funny how one little screw can become such a big problem . Glad to hear you got thing's back in order. I read the report you wrote about the custom brass , you would think getting something like the critical dimension's correct  would be easy in this day of CNC . It's been a long hot summer for sure ,hope we can enjoy some cool shooting weather before it get's cold . ,,,DT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com