Author Topic: Spur Straps  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Spur Straps
« on: December 17, 2005, 08:05:53 AM »
I need a pair of spur straps for a pair of Mounted Police Spurs which appear to be vintage Military Spurs. Any gelp would be greatly appreciated.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: Spur Straps
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 08:46:07 AM »
If you'd like to look for any markings - - generally on the inside band - the style and Model will help in pointing you in a direction.

Does the attachment include a button, button/buckle - or strap slots?

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 03:07:20 PM »
Are these Canadian Mounted Police spurs?  (i.e. North West Mounted Police, Royal N.W.M.P. or R.C.M.P.?)  Pictures?

If so, they would be the same as (or at least very similar to) British cavalry spurs, and the spurstraps would be the same as well ...

If they are Canadian, I can search some of my references - which might at least yield some period photographs that I could try to scan at sufficiently high resolution to hopefully show some detail ...
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:06:49 PM »

Offline Utah Bob

• Top Active Citizen
    • Lazy Bob Ranch
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 05:42:00 AM »
Pard, I might have a pair that will work if you could send me a pic of the spurs.
Rocky Mountain Warthog
BOLD #1
GAF #6
Proprietor - Lazy Bob Ranch
No cattle, No crops, No problem

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 06:45:47 PM »
The Spurs are Brass and they have the numerals 110 on each one. They have a slot on each shank and a small notch on each shank to run the strap through.  I don't have any pictures of them at this time.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 11:56:42 PM »
Without a picture - I'm drawing a blank.

However - if it's a simple strap - you can make up one from strap leather available at Tandy's - along with a roller buckle.

Your shoe repairman can sew it for you.

On the other hand - take a look at www.ssfirearms.com and see if there's something similar.

If you can get someone to take a photo - maybe I can be of greater assistance.

Any rowels?

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com