Author Topic: Holster help  (Read 1538 times)

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 911
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Holster help
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:09:46 PM »
For years, I've tended to prefer pistols that started life as 3-screw 357s for a working gun.  Right now I'm contemplating a conversion on another, and am starting to shop for a new holster.  Looking for something off-the-shelf in a RH crossdraw, 4 5/8" barrel, tipped so the barrel doesn't dig in when sitting, cut for no bigger than a 2" belt, and no lining. 

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Offline 44dude

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Holster help
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:06:59 PM »
I have several from Mernickle and a recent purchase from CME holsters.  Both good holsters.  Mernickles are built to order. Usually about 4-6 weeks.  Can be purchased with a strap for extra.  They also have leather that keeps hammer from biting. CME was maybe a week.  Cheaper also. Comes with hammer loop.  No leather to keep hammer from digging in when sitting. Probably get some pics posted if needed.

Offline LongWalker

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 911
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 12:43:27 AM »
Thanks--no need for pics, was just looking for recommendations or suggestions.  There's a LOT of holster makers these days, and google doesn't do much of a job of narrowing things down. 
In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress.  Charles M. Russell

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:33:41 PM »

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 03:29:33 PM »
Sorry that I took a such a long spell to answer.  I was TDY in CO.  We had a foot of snow there.
Dalton Masterson of North Platte, NE might be the man you need for the leather work.
He does excellent holder and gun belt work.  I have a few of his six-gun holsters.
He can be found here at CAS City as a moderator or do a search for Plum Creek Leather.
Respects,
Mustang
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com