Author Topic: A thought about the Woo Woo Flu  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
A thought about the Woo Woo Flu
« on: May 11, 2020, 06:19:08 PM »
Posted this in one of my FB groups earlier.  Got a lot of pats  on the back of sorts for it.  Something to think about because there are a lot of people out there putting up with a lot of crap and doing it for fairly poor wages.  Just imagine if they all got pissed and said the hell with it.

Lexie is my 14 year old granddaughter that lives with us and has been a bit scared lately he grandpa might die.

I've had coffee, taken my meds and even took a nap and I still hate everyone just for the general principles of it.😡

Never have totally got over my congestion and cough after surgery but it got better, has been getting worse again and sometimes when I cough enough to get the congestion cleared I get light headed, all sorta normal things, been avoiding calling the Dr because I just knew it would be a hassle, Lexie has been after me about it so I called today to get an appointment.  Since it's not a life and death emergency yet, tomorrow between 4 and 5 I go to Northstar high and get a Drive-Thru Woo Woo Flu test and in a day or so they will decide based on that if if get to go see the Dr or what other steps need to be taken.   

What ever, I was nice to the lady who set it up, I joked and she sounded flustered so I made sure she knew I wasn't upset with her.  She thanked me because a lot of people are.

So in this whole mess, don't get upset with the people who are just trying to do their job, they are under a lot of stress and may not agree with how things are going along but are trying to make a living.   Probably a good thing I'm retired, I hated when the manager had to give me a talking to because somebody called the office and it's so funny we are both trying not to laugh.  😂😉
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
Re: A thought about the Woo Woo Flu
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:39:54 PM »
Take along enough tissues to help sop the nosebleed!
They go through the nostril to the upper back of the throat, the pharynx, and in most people causing a bloody nose.

Have fun! And take better care of yourself, Cosie.
 Being cantankerous ain't a protection against Covid-19.

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 10:34:04 PM »
Take along enough tissues to help sop the nosebleed!
They go through the nostril to the upper back of the throat, the pharynx, and in most people causing a bloody nose.

Have fun! And take better care of yourself, Cosie.
 Being cantankerous ain't a protection against Covid-19.

RCJ

Done had it once already, back at the start in the Dr's office for a regular check up.  They don't think I have it, but just a precaution before I go to the office, actually think it's a normal sinus infection that is draining into my lungs.  But they consider me fragile yet.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:15:24 AM »

Offline jthbjr

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 02:43:33 PM »
Delmonico, be careful with contacts that seem perfectly safe. The wife and I are in good health but 72 each. So some risk. I have lost one good old friend to it already. He was in assisted living in France and once the infection got into the facility he was dead in a few days even though he was isolated from the other residents.
I had a scare about exposure last few weeks. On Sunday the 26th we were at the ranch. My neighbor came over and told me he was going to pen and then load some cows. My pens are right at the house so we worked them through the pens, and loaded some in his trailer. We avoided shaking hands but we touched the same gates, latches, and equipment. Then he went to eat Sunday dinner with his parents who are my age but his dad is not in good health. At that time Mason county had 1 case and that person lives in Houston more than Mason. Then on that Wednesday night my neighbor  called very upset because he had shaken hands with a city employee on the preceding Friday who had then tested positive. My neighbor also told me how it got to spread . Seems that the city council had continued to meet in person, no masks but chairs 6 feet apart. The mayor, the commissioners and the city department supervisors and the editor of the newspaper and the county judge were all sick and tested positive. They spread it to the city employees who spread it to the county employees and so on. We completely isolated ourselves until the next Wednesday when our neighbor got his negative results.
So a set of improbable circumstances in the middle of no where could have infected me and my wife. After we had stayed home either in town or at the ranch for 7 weeks. Who brought it to the Mason city meeting?  I don't know.
But a very rural county with 4000 population has 29 confirmed cases and got a bunch of folks tested. No one has died but one lady was in ICU for several days and she was not at the city meetings.
I just read a very good article by an epidemiologist that traces most clusters of cases, that are not in care homes, to indoor meetings of some long duration. Parties, church, choir practice, weddings, funerals, restaurants, bars etc. Add government meetings to that list.
So if I can do divorce mediation by Zoom, then most meetings can be done that way too. Right now the only thing that I'm not able to do that I really want to do is go to church, but I can wait.
If you are at high risk be careful.
John, Still in the fort

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1155
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 09:37:12 PM »
Greetings CAS City Friends

Delmonico, be careful with contacts that seem perfectly safe. .....

I just read a very good article by an epidemiologist that traces most clusters of cases, that are not in care homes, to indoor meetings of some long duration. Parties, church, choir practice, weddings, funerals, restaurants, bars etc. Add government meetings to that list.
If you are at high risk be careful.
John, Still in the fort

That is exactly the thing, John.

We still don't know "for sure" how long covid can hang in the air
We still don't know "for sure" how much distance is safe distance

When Science said "we aren't absolutely sure",   The talking heads made them come up with "best guess numbers" based on "similar viruses", which is probably better than nothing.

WE DO KNOW what kills the virus and how long it can stay active on surfaces.
We do KNOW Masks work. The first known successful mask against PLAGUE was 110 years ago, many layers of cotton about an inch thick. ( here https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1005177/a-brief-history-of-face-masks-in-china )

So.
Wear a mask . Any mask is better than none.
T-Shirt masks suck. They are too loose a weave
        Unless they have a filter or more tight weave layers over your mouth and nose.

Wanna wear a kerchief? Tight weave cotton bandanas are "pretty good". More layers are better
Silk is better than cotton. more layers are better.

Wear eye protection! those wraparound shades are gonna come back into fashion

DO NOT SHAKE HANDS
- elbow bump, or wave. Maybe karate bowing will come into fashion

WASH YOUR HANDS up past the wrist, soap and water, scrub the nails on your palms.

Wear Gloves. Any kind, it keeps you from touching stuff and reminds you not to touch your face ( so doed the mask)
If you are wearing leather or canvas work gloves, many can be washed in soap and water. BINGO, no more covid.

You can also disinfect them by spraying with 70% alcohol, peroxide, or dilute chlorine bleach. But soap and water works fine.

Pandemic Virusi are not new
Masks are not new
"Protesting Against Masks" is not new
       read this: https://www.history.com/news/1918-spanish-flu-mask-wearing-resistance

stay healthy

prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 07:22:09 AM »
I just read that the CDC has confirmed that they were adding "Probable" cases of the virus in it's official count therefore adding thousands of people that were NEVER even tested to the death toll! Hmmm.........think about that one for a minute!

Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Offline Professor Marvel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 04:20:26 PM »
I just read that the CDC has confirmed that they were adding "Probable" cases of the virus in it's official count therefore adding thousands of people that were NEVER even tested to the death toll! Hmmm.........think about that one for a minute!

I understand, it looks suspicious.
Actually, unless there is a compelling reason (such as murder) or someone throwing money at them, “they” seldom bother with an autopsy or multiple expensive tests to determine actual cause of death. There simply isn’t enough cashola.

As a result, even when “we” knew the actual symptoms and disease and complications leading up to a relative’s demise, the attending physician put something obvious, fast , and hard to argue with on the death certicate as “cause of death”.

Unfortunately, that's how it works.

So when something as huge as this pandemic comes along, any death with symptoms matching the plague
 in question gets looked at again, and if it matches close enough, It gets tagged and the contact list is pursued
FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF TRYING TO SAVE MORE LIVES. 

If one is compelled to look for conspiracies, one will find them everywhere.
And sometimes a cigar is just a smoke.

Your Humble Servant

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 04:59:05 PM »
Hi Del

My Dad had open heart at pretty much 65 even, he had a cough until he died at 92.  Never pushed a mower again either.  My Uncle Henry was a EARLY open heart patient, i.e. before 1975 in Nashville TN, and he lived a long and mean life.  Don'r remember him coughing as much though. 

Have fun with the doctors.  Look at the bright side, a teenager thinks you should live and you're more than 3 years older than she is.

Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 06:22:35 PM »
Best wishes to ya Del-get well, stay healthy. Don't eat any green M&M's! When I was a kid it went around some if ya ate a green M&M you'd get sick! I ate em anyway!  ;D
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 06:47:58 PM »
Waiting on results, lady in the space suit put the q tip in my nose and it came out my arse hole and she twisted it around for 10 minutes and pulled it out. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Professor Marvel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 07:55:39 PM »
ever have totally got over my congestion and cough after surgery but it got better, has been getting worse again and sometimes when I cough enough to get the congestion cleared I get light headed, all sorta normal things, been avoiding calling the Dr because I just knew it would be a hassle, Lexie has been after me about it so I called today to get an appointment.  Since it's not a life and death emergency yet, tomorrow between 4 and 5 I go to Northstar high and get a Drive-Thru Woo Woo Flu test and in a day or so they will decide based on that if if get to go see the Dr or what other steps need to be taken.   

Stay safe and get better, Del.
Take enough tests and you get frequent fryer miles, maybe a free hall pass :-)

After any of these chest dealies,  a hard-to-shake cough can be "a thing".

You might check with your White Coat Magician and see if you can take Robitussin.... or Mucinex DM
they they seem to help Mrs Marvel .
one issue with some of the OTC stuff is whether or not you can tolerate the propylene glycol, as it may tax the liver.

What ever, I was nice to the lady who set it up, I joked and she sounded flustered so I made sure she knew I wasn't upset with her.  She thanked me because a lot of people are.

So in this whole mess, don't get upset with the people who are just trying to do their job, they are under a lot of stress and may not agree with how things are going along but are trying to make a living.   Probably a good thing I'm retired, I hated when the manager had to give me a talking to because somebody called the office and it's so funny we are both trying not to laugh.  😂😉

That's how Mrs Marvel works!  it really does pay off, too, make someones day a little nicer and not only do you
get some Karma Brownie Points, but they remember and sometimes return the favor!

Right now, with all the Fear and Chaos, any Good Stuff we can do (no matter how small) is a plus, helps keep the dark at bay.
Mrs Marvel chimed in: Whatever we do, try to avoid making things "worse"...

yhs
prof marvel

"Above all Else, Do no harm"
Your Humble Servant

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 10:36:28 PM »

That's how Mrs Marvel works!  it really does pay off, too, make someones day a little nicer and not only do you
get some Karma Brownie Points, but they remember and sometimes return the favor!

Right now, with all the Fear and Chaos, any Good Stuff we can do (no matter how small) is a plus, helps keep the dark at bay.
Mrs Marvel chimed in: Whatever we do, try to avoid making things "worse"...

yhs
prof marvel

"Above all Else, Do no harm"

I have lots of frequent flyer miles over the years.  Another advantage of being a nice patient is in the hospital they often give you a 1st year student nurse who can only take vitals but is all yours for the day, you can have them do all kinds of tasks, many years I had one go fetch a DVD player and we watched the original Stagecoach, a classic she had neve seen before. 

One time I even got to be ones first patient, they took the sterile wrapper off her and brought her in.  My family Dr upon being introduced to her told her the rumors about me were not true, the last one didn't quit just because of me.   Sweet kid, who knows, she might have been one of my nurses this time.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com