Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Cosie's Corner & Feed Bag

Buffalo Tongue

<< < (2/4) > >>

Delmonico:
Just look up beef tongue recipes and substitute a buffalo tongue.  Smoke or boiled and skinned then sliced for sandwiches was a popular way and is as good today.

Delmonico:

--- Quote from: BrushyCreekDouglas on October 30, 2022, 11:44:47 AM ---
Henry Raymond’s diary is pure gold. Being a big Bat Masterson fan is also part of the reason, ha!

I did read where “pickled” tongues were actually just salted tongues. Thanks for the insight!

--- End quote ---

Not dry salted wet salted like pork army rations or beef, aka corned beef, this favorite of everybody pretending to be Irish is also known as pickled beef or River City John likes to call it salt horse. ;D

BrushyCreekDouglas:

--- Quote from: Delmonico on October 30, 2022, 01:56:18 PM ---
Not dry salted wet salted like pork army rations or beef, aka corned beef, this favorite of everybody pretending to be Irish is also known as pickled beef or River City John likes to call it salt horse. ;D

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I had no idea.

Advertising:

Mogorilla:
I am a huge fan of tongue.    Search on this board, and I have a prep of tongue, down to lingua tacos.    Wooly Dan and i cooked 2 bison tongues at GAF Muster in 2021.   We did them all on top of the hill in Nebraska.   We braised them in a dutch oven for ~2.5 hours, peeled them as soon as they were cool enough, sliced them thin, put them on biscuits with mustard and horseradish.    Several of the other participants gave it a try.   Did the same fall of 2021 at the KVC buffalo shoot in Lebo Kansas.   Both times it was 2 tongues and there were no left overs.   

1961MJS:

--- Quote from: Mogorilla on November 01, 2022, 02:33:42 PM ---I am a huge fan of tongue.    Search on this board, and I have a prep of tongue, down to lingua tacos.    Wooly Dan and i cooked 2 bison tongues at GAF Muster in 2021.   We did them all on top of the hill in Nebraska.   We braised them in a dutch oven for ~2.5 hours, peeled them as soon as they were cool enough, sliced them thin, put them on biscuits with mustard and horseradish.    Several of the other participants gave it a try.   Did the same fall of 2021 at the KVC buffalo shoot in Lebo Kansas.   Both times it was 2 tongues and there were no left overs.

--- End quote ---
Hi
Say 5 years ago, a bunch of us went to a "wonderful" Yuppy taco place in Downtown OKC.  It was Taco Tuesday.  I ordered a pork taco, a beef taco, a Carne asada taco, and an Lingua taco.  The lingua taco was the only one that was worth eating, the others were dry.  Dry as in Cereal no milk dry. I never touched Tongue until then. 
Later

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version