Special Interests - Groups & Societies > SCORRS

Missing a Remington

<< < (3/6) > >>

Marshal Will Wingam:

--- Quote from: Abilene on January 14, 2022, 12:08:57 PM ---The one that Uberti makes like that does not have a spring.  I have handled them and think a spring-loaded ejector rod like the Kirst that doesn't need the rammer to be unlatched each time is a lot more handy.

--- End quote ---
I was just thinking of what to do with that unattractive tab sticking down. Plus it makes properly fitting a holster difficult.

--- Quote from: Tuolumne Lawman on January 14, 2022, 11:34:49 AM ---I have searched high and low, and can not find a picture of what an original .46 rimfire box looks like.  I did find the picture of the .46 short bullet from the box of Winchester (because of the H head stamp in the picture), so I use red paper like 1870s Winchester pistol cartridge boxes used on their labels, and formatted the rest like a Winchester cartridge box in another pistol caliber.

From "Cartridges of the World", I got the original factory loads for .46 rimfire.  Remington loaded a 227 grain bullet over 20 grains of powder with a grease wad, and Winchester loaded a 230 grain bullet over 26 grains of powder.

--- End quote ---
It does look good. With no original to copy, you made a believable label.

Abilene:

--- Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on January 14, 2022, 06:52:12 PM ---I was just thinking of what to do with that unattractive tab sticking down. Plus it makes properly fitting a holster difficult....

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, definitely agree.  But then TL don't care about no holster fit - he uses big ol' flap holsters!  :)

Tuolumne Lawman:
LOL! Actually It fits in a Oklahoma Leather "Slim Jim" very nicely!

River City John:
These may be useful:

River City John:
Label info#2:

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version