Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BROW

Buffalo rifles in the Movies

(1/5) > >>

Drydock:
Cleaning the Sharps this evening, got to thinking, where did I first see one of these, and got myself interested.  Near as I can remember, I was 12  years old, wondering "What kinda gun was that?!"  So come ride the river with me.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?view=detail&mid=146C7BADB6132952B2D9146C7BADB6132952B2D9&q=missouri boat ride josey wales&shtp=GetUrl&shid=8559c305-7a38-40e3-bd3c-ce1c38c05cce&form=VDSHOT&shth=OVP.6gL5uLkzBWqjQd1d2-f0tQHgFo

Dave T:
I'm not certain about this but I think "Valdez is Coming" preceded "Jose Wales".  Valdez shooting a pursuer at ~900 yards with his Sharps Business Rifle (round barrel) got me interested.  About a year ago I finally realized my dream and have a Big Fifty Shiloh Sharps Business Rifle.

Dave

Pitspitr:
I was like just about everybody (it seems) else. I never noticed the sharps until Quigley Down Under.

The gun that got me interested in guns was "Ol' Betsy"

Advertising:

Kent Shootwell:
I can’t remember where I first became aware of Sharps rifles but had the bug long before understanding what they are. Didn’t know there were many types and calibre but knew I needed a 50 Sharps. In around 1976 I had a buddy that got a 1859 Shiloh carbine that we shot. He became my very best friend till he moved and took it with him! Next I handled a Sile which didn’t stand up to the fit and finish of the Shiloh. Years later (1979) I got to start working at Shiloh and the learning curve went straight up! Soon I was given a 50 X 2 1/2” by Wolfgang and later got to handle and shoot original and replica Sharps. If there is a bright spot in the universe I was standing in the middle of it! This fall I’ll hunt white tail with my 40/70 and I’m figuring out how to got bear hunting next year with that same 50 in Alaska. Just need to come up with some big bucks, anyone want to buy a soul?  ::)

Drydock:
A big 50 from Wolfgang Droege himself. Don't get much better than that.  Did you get to meet Len Mule?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version