Author Topic: Taylor's Uberti 1873 SAA short stroke gunfighter  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Curtis264

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Taylor's Uberti 1873 SAA short stroke gunfighter
« on: June 27, 2021, 05:55:16 PM »
I have a Uberti 1873 SAA El Patron which I love but can't shoot very well because of my big hands and small grip, this gunfighter model of Taylors has the 1860 Army grip which is larger than the Navy grip that is on my El Patron. Taylors has this model in a short stroke tuned model and a basic gunfighter. Was wondering if anyone has tried the short stroke model, want to see if it is worth the extra money

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Taylor's Uberti 1873 SAA short stroke gunfighter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 07:27:04 PM »

:)  Curtis264  ;)

If you're between, say, 22 and 32 and have visions of becoming Numer0 Un0, you might find a short stroke to be more of a nuisance rather than an assistance.  This is of course, much a personal opinion.  Of course, I have been shooting Colt Pattern guns with standard hammers and and standard hammer travel my whole life.  I find little if anything to like about a short stroke pistol.

You may well find the Army pattern grip set to be advantageous however.  I have managed to trade off every Navy/SAA pattern grip set I have ever had (almost) for Army pattern Grip Sets.  Just gives me a more secure purchase.  YMMV

Play Safe Out There

Offline Curtis264

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 07:49:19 PM »
Thank you, they make the Gunfighter without the short stroke kit and after your reply I will take the standard gunfighter. The grip is the most important to me

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:09:53 AM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »
Go for a Bisley with it's slender grip and lower hammer.

Or consider NCOWS, where double-actions are period correct and allowed.

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Curtis264

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 12:27:33 AM »
So I bought the Taylor's and Company gunfighter, removed the 1860 Army grip, back strap and trigger guard and put them on my El Patron. And I took the Navy grip off the El Patron and put it on the gunfighter, now I have to sell the gunfighter, but it should not be to big a deal since it is brand new. What a difference for me to hold now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com