Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BROW

building a Sharps

(1/17) > >>

Kent Shootwell:
Over the my years of interest in Sharps I've gathered a few parts, then I got a raw receiver and some parts given to me. Slow progress and building the log cabin has me at this point. I ordered a rifled barrel blank from Douglas with a six groove 1 in 20 twist 40 calibre then shaped it to a half octagon Hartford contour chambered for the 2 1/2" straight. I made the triggers for the trigger bar and now making the tumbler from scratch. The import tumbler goes back in the drawer. One of import hammers have to be welded and reshaped the other back in the drawer. Lots of slow hobby work to go. I'll run this tread if there's interest.

IMG_0460 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

Niederlander:
That's going to be quite a project!  Looking forward to following it!

Professor Marvel:

--- Quote from: Kent Shootwell on November 24, 2019, 12:25:30 PM ---Lots of slow hobby work to go. I'll run this tread if there's interest.

--- End quote ---

Yes, please!

Advertising:

The Pathfinder:
Now that looks like fun! Had a older friend build up his own Sharps many years ago, but he started with a complete original action. Good luck with it, we'll all be waiting for updates.

Baltimore Ed:
There?s a stock and forearm hiding in that big block of walnut. You just need to find them. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version