Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Pantry

Non-19th Century recipes

<< < (6/6)

Four-Eyed Buck:
Okay, I mentioned this a few months ago and after tearing things apart for awhile today, ran across this version of it, not the original sheet I remember, but think I can fill in the blanks from memory( please stay away, CRS!)
                   Graham Cracker Loaf
    24 Graham Crackers + 4 for rolling the loaf or loaves in
    1/2 package of mini marshmellows( or cut up full sized ones to equal( time consuming, but I can remember doing this as a kid))
     1/2 lb English Walnuts
     1/2 lb dates( pitted)
     1/2 pint coffee cream
       small jar of red cherries( believe these are Maraschino)

Roll crackers with rolling pin to crush them, chop walnuts, cut up dates( dipping scissors in water will help with the stickies), cut up cherries( water trick will help here as well).
 Mix 24 crushed grahams and other chopped/cut items adding the cream, should make for a good thick consistencey. Shape mixture into loaves( should make two fair sized ones, IIRC). roll these in the 4 other crushed grahams and wrap in waxed paper. Place in the refridgerator
  To serve, cut into slices and top with whipped cream

Mom and I made this every Christmas when I was little, wasn't really Christmas time until we did. If you do make this and enjoy this, please think of my Mom as she's gone now and all I have is the memories and a few half scribbled receipes as she mostly did this stuff from rote...................Buck 8) :) :) :'(

Delmonico:
These are the ones that either are not period or the ones I'm not sure of, feel free to PM me of any you think should be moved.

Delmonico:

Advertising:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version