Author Topic: Ruger Birdshead  (Read 9124 times)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
Ruger Birdshead
« on: July 21, 2006, 12:04:24 AM »
Well I am off to my home state of Alabama again this weekend from Louisiana......everytime I go there I make a stop by the toy store of my choice...Garry's Gun Shop
I am thinking about getting the birdshead ruger. I already have a couple of .45 LC NV Rugers......and have taking a liking to the birdshead.
Anyone else shoot these?
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Baron von Haltomstadt

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ruger Birdshead
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 09:31:58 AM »
I have three Ruger Vaqueros (original size) with birdshead grips, in .45 Colt. Mine are stainless and the grips are black Micarta. Two of mine are the 4-5/8" barrels and one is a 3.5" barrel. I LOVE mine! All 3 shoot to point of aim at 25 yds and fit my hand like they were custom made for me. I have several other sets of cowboy pistols that I also shoot (including a pair of USFA modified Rodeos, a pair of Uberti R-M conversions, & a pair of Uberti 1858 Remingtons). While I may eventually sell / trade the others, I plan on keeping these Rugers for a lifetime. 
Terry  
AKA: Baron von Haltomstadt
(Formerly: Marshal Dusty Drywash)
North Central Texas Territories
BOLD RATS SASS NRA-Life USFA-CSS STORM SCORRS BOSS

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I am back from my trip and ended up bringing home two of the Birds head......a Blued .45 Birdshead......and the Last Cowboy in Stainless. Two very awesome guns......the LC came with a ruger leather holster....I am very pleased with the way the .45 shoots but have yet to shoot the LC .....it is in .32 mag. I think it will make a very nice gun itself.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:32:39 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »
I had a pair of stainless birdsheads in .45 Colt. I shot full house BP loads in 'em duelist style. After the first match shooting 'em, the heal of my hand was bruised. I traded 'em off fer Bisley Vaqueros. I have no more problems with bruising.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »
My BirdsHead Vaquero is bright stainless, 3.75 inch barrel, 45 Colt.  I replaced the black plastic grips with some nice ebony woods.  Hard for me to shoot accurately with that short sight radius and these old eyes and, like Slim said, hard on the hand with hotter loads but they do get lots of style points.   8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »
Love my Roooooger birdshead 3"5/8 fits good in my hand. Nearly 1000 rounds out of it  (mostly missues) ;D   Now shootin BP full case fulls from it. Wouldn't traded I think

Mathew 5.9

Offline Austin Justice SASS #68709

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 01:26:01 AM »
Love mine. I've got 2 one a regular SS BH and a SS Last Cowboy. Both in 45LC and 3 3/4.
Style points yep and I use one as a carry gun also.
NRA Life/ Endowment Member, NRA Handgun Instructor, SASS 68709, RATS #450

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 08:49:11 AM »
I'm havin' RUN-N-IRON put some stainless Birdsheads on a pair of 4.62" .44's that I don't use much.  They ain't Ruger, but Qualite-brand. 
I figure they will take more fittin' experience than I gots to swap 'em.
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com