Author Topic: Said we'd never do it-RATS BADGES?##Price increase##  (Read 164023 times)

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: We said we'd never do it, but---RATS BADGES????????
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2016, 10:17:48 AM »
Marshall Gregg,
Yes, i did but a "Work call that lasted 9 days over the Last Three weeks and entailed 9 and 11 Hour Work days delayed My Response.
Wednesday I set the response order with check out for USPS pickup on Thursday, and it was Picked Up by The USPS Mail Carrier in the afternoon, so it is "in The Mails" now.

Please Let me know when you receive the order and then please Let me know when the Badge is mailed?

Best regards,
Chev. William
"Been there, But no 'Tee Shirt' survived.

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2016, 10:38:32 AM »
Nothing yet.
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2016, 10:56:46 PM »
It got here.  I sent you an email. 
Since I haven't heard back from you, I'm going to call.

MG
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Advertising

Re: Said we'd never do it-RATS BADGES?##Price increase##
« Reply #123 on: Today at 06:04:11 PM »

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »
Damn!  I knew something didn't look right.
I just ordered the latest badge and the base cost is over $90.
I guess you must have looked at the .pdf showing $85.00 order blank (which I can't change on this website).

So all subsequent orders will be at least $95.00 for the RATS badges.

MG
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »
Mustang Gregg,
My R.A.T.S. Badge, #736, Arrived in today's Mail and it Looks GREAT!
Now i will get a 'Carrier Wallet' to fit it and I will be Proud to show It when at My Local Range with my Ruger Revolvers.
By the way, I am Buying a second 'Single Six' and it is a Used 'New Model' in .32 H&R Magnum that I will be getting a custom Cylinder made to fi tit for .32 Long Colt as an Alternative Caliber for it.
Thank You Again,
Best Regards,
Chev. William

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2016, 01:57:43 PM »
My Ordered Badge wallet arrived Yesterday evening and I am Saddened to report that the 'cutout is slightly smaller than my Badge and will need to be Trimmed to allow a Fit.
This could be either a change in tooling by the Badge maker or an undersized punch at the Wallet Maker.
I will be Carefully trimming the "Cutout" by hand until my Badge fits it properly.

For what it is worth:
The Label on the Wallet 'Baggie" says: Strong Leather Co. Badge Shape 967, Double ID Badge Wallet with credit card slots, ID's are back to back, Black Leather,  item No. 79500-967, Max. card size 3" x 3 1/2", fits the following badges: Blackington B2517P, Badge height 3", width 2.69", badge shape 967 and an outline drawing that looks like the outline for the badge shape I ordered, 'Smith and Wellan #262L'.

Vendor substitution or Error?????
It does not matter as I can make it fit with some rework.

Best Regards,
Chev. William #736

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2016, 10:52:45 PM »
Just off the top of my head, they 9S&W Badge) are a model #262L. 
But I would check before I did any cutting.
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2016, 12:24:20 PM »
Just off the top of my head, they 9S&W Badge) are a model #262L. 
But I would check before I did any cutting.

It appears that the "967" badge and the "262L" badge share the Outline but there MAY be a slight difference in Manufacturer's Punches involved.  My "262L" badge is slightly Bigger,Top to Bottom, than the cutout in the wallet.  Side to Side it seems to match and the Top contour does Match the cutout very closely.
The Bottom contour is slightly different and as such does not exactly match the Wallet cutout exactly.  The Space between the top two 'Star" tip balls and the Bottom two is also slightly longer in the Badge but would seem to go in if pushed.

Anyway, It is now with a Professional Leather Worker/Saddle Maker to be 'trimmed' to fit my Badge and he will also make a piece of leather to go in the "pocket" along with the badge to keep the Pin Back from wearing hole sin the outside of the wallet.

the same professional is going to make a simple Holster to fit my Ruger Long Barrel Single Eight so I will be 'Properly outfitted' eventually.

By the way.  this is the same person who restored a ~1906 Winchester "Leg of Mutton" take down rifle Scabbard for me that I bought off Ebay.  He had to Hand Stitch EVERY joint an replace the Handle and one Strap.  Unfortunately it is not long enough for my Win. 1890 Rifles but it is long enough to take a Stevens Favorite in two parts.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2016, 02:19:03 PM »
I picked up the Badge wallet and Holster this Week.

The badge Wallet is now a Much Better fit to the S&W262L Badge and the  added Leather 'buffer' insert appears to be protecting  the Woven Polymer Material of the Back of the Wallet well. Now to Make up The Identification Card Insert and start wearing it.

The Holster Looks very good with My revolver in it.  Now I am waiting upon a Belt to put it on.

At Least the 'Heavy Campaign Rhetoric Coverage' is winding down again.

All slowly coming together.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2016, 07:21:14 AM »
Will:

That's good information to know.
Thanks for sharing!

Much obliged,
Mustang
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2016, 06:11:34 PM »
Mustang Gregg,
The Badge Wallet I started with is  "STRONG Model 79500 Shape 967" ( Strong Leather Co., 39 Grove St., Glouchester, MA 01930 Tel.:(978)879-1050 Fax.:(978)281-6321 ) ordered from "COPS PLUS (.com)" on-line.

Cropped Close up of Badge in Wallet Modified cutout:

Photo from which the Cropped Close up was taken:

This Badge Wallet has a Leather Outer Face lined with 'Nylon Cloth" for a Bill Pocket. the ID flap is Two sided with clear plastic windows on both sides.   the opposite main side has four Pockets for 'Credit Card Size' items and also visible is a soft 'Swede' flap to protect the Badge finish.  It comes with an insert which takes the Pin back to hold the badge in place. I had my Leather Worker / Saddle maker make an additional insert piece to prevent the Pin back cutting through The Pocket 'Nylon Cloth' back.
This is done in all over Black finish.  It came with a Small Sticker stating: "Made in India".

Overall, i am pleased with how the Wallet came out now tha tit is fitted for this badge.
Best Regards,
Chev. William

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2019, 10:30:21 PM »
I believe we will cease making RATS badges.
The interest has dropped off and the blank badge price has got very high and I've run out the eagle medallions with SR on them.
The only new ones that I can find only have an R in them and they are a different dimension.
I'm very sorry to let you all know this.

Thank you for all of your RATS support,
RUGERS FOREVER!!
Mustang Gregg
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Chev. William

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2019, 09:52:50 AM »
Sad News; but at least I still have mine in my wallet carrier.
I also have added a photo ID card to the Wallet.

Chev. William

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com