Author Topic: Suggestion for the moderator  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Wagon Wheel

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Suggestion for the moderator
« on: January 03, 2006, 11:47:59 AM »
Could we get a sticky or two on load information, bullet selection/moulds and maybe lubes as submitted by the various members.  A couple of stickys at the top of the forum would be easier to peruse than searching for the information in the various threads.

Offline Two Flints

• Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Suggestion for the moderator
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »
Wagon wheel,

Let me know which threads on loading information you would like to have "stickyied-up".  No problem for me to do it.  Another thing you could do is to print out a topic and the replies that you feel have a lot of information that you can use.  For example, reducing the trigger pull poundage on a Taylor Spencer. I've started a 3 ring binder filled with Spencer info.  I don't mind doing the "stickys", but I couldn't allow them to take over a whole page on SSS. What if 10 different members wanted me to sticky ten different topics about Spencers ??? ???

Print out what you feel is useful and create your own "repair/loading manual.  ;D ;D

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Offline Wagon Wheel

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 09:35:29 PM »
Two Flints,

I really think that a "load data"sticky would be very helpful to the members and alleviate some of the "what load do you reccommend..." questions that repeat every now and then.  The thread could be a place where a Mod could copy and paste information that mmembers submit and/or have posted in the past.  Of course there should be a "take with a grain of salt..." notice added as well;)  Perhaps a standard layout for each load would help too, to give it some kind of uniformity/ease of reading.  Just a suggestion mind you but I think that it should be updated by a single source so that there is really only one post in the thread which is the information and no other posts to clog it up.  If we limited these to say Load data, Mould information and lube that would probably cover some of the most common questions without taking up the entire first page.

Thomas (WW)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:32:00 PM »

Offline Two Flints

• Spencer Shooting Society Founder & Moderator
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Moderating SSS IS a "Labor of Love"!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 08:09:01 PM »
Wagon Wheel,

You may already know about the N-SSA Forum.  They often post information about Spencer load information and I posted there asking for permission to "hijack" some of their Spencer load threads.

http://www.n-ssa.org/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=5bbb8333f16222de8d7c2a3a40441c1b

Give them a look-see.

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery