Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Spencer Shooting Society

Which mold for early 2000’s Cimarron Spencer Cabine

(1/3) > >>

Leadville Bill:
Hello everyone. New to forum, lots of great things I’ve learned going through the FAQ. I am now the proud owner of what appears to be an unfired 56-50 Cimarron Spencer carbine. I’m aware the early carbines have various feeding issues to troubleshoot but at present I have no dummy ammunition for a cycle check. I’m in the process of buying components and I’m stuck on which mold to buy between the RCBS 350-CM or the Lyman 515139. Neither is easy to find at present but I’d like to have one selected so I can jump on it when the opportunity comes. I already have RCBS dies so it’s just bullets and brass to go. Thanks for your help. LB

El Supremo:
Hello, Leadville Bill:

Suggest adding the out of production Rapine 350T to your list.  It was developed for the Armisport 56-60 Spencer.  Another source for excellent moulds is Accurate Bullet Molds in Salt Lake City.  Use only its website drop-dn msg box.  He's deaf. 

All the best,
El Supremo/Kevin Tinny

Leadville Bill:
Thanks Kevin. Looks like he has a few different variations for the 56-50. Any suggestions on which one? I’ll be using black powder mostly and it appears all of them have decent grease grooves. 51-350S appears popular.
Thanks

Advertising:

El Supremo:
Hello, again:
That Accurate 51-350S should be fine for your carbine.  Size it to .001" over groove OD.  Use a black powder lube such as SPG. 
El Supremo/Kevin Tinny

Leadville Bill:
Unless I missed it, I didn’t see a discussion on why the Lyman and RCBS bullets were undesirable. Does anyone have experience with either of these, in particular the RCBS? Are there issues with the profiles? I figure they must work in most guns or folks would’ve lit them up in the online reviews for the outfits that sell the molds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version