Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BROW

Need help to identify maker of globe front sight

(1/2) > >>

Boone May:
Greetings, 
I bought a used Shiloh Model 1874 and it came with nice globe front sight with spirit level.  No extra sight inserts unfortunately.
I wanted to change out the sight insert as I don't like the one in it now.  I ordered some from Montana Vintage Arms (MVA) thinking they are all the same...NOT!  The MVA inserts don't fit. 

I need help to identify the maker of this sight so I can order the proper inserts.  It's not MVA and it doesn't look like C. Sharps either from what I can tell.  I suspect that it might Italian or Ukrainian.  Any ideas?

Abilene:
The Pedersoli sights I've seen don't have that flat piece under the glove.

Buckaroo Lou:
I think it may be an older Red River, formally Parts Unknown of Ukrainian manufacture. I may have a few spare inserts. I will check tomorrow as I am currently not home. Which one are you looking for?

Their newer style is a bit different. I am not sure if the newer inserts will fit the older model. They have the new one with the 3/8" dovetail at Buffalo Arms.

Dixie Gun Works sells the one with the windage adjustment. Don't know if you can get the inserts separate. Might give them a call.

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/1699/category_id/589/product_name/EB1020+Sharps+Globe+Front+Sight+-+Adjustable

Advertising:

Back Roads:
Track Of The Wolf has inserts for several different globe sights.  Also have several sights listed with photos.  I needed inserts for my sight.  By looking at the photos of the front sights I was able to identify the maker and ordered the proper inserts.  Hope this helps.
Back Roads.

Boone May:
Thank you for all the replies. 

Buckaroo Lou, I'm looking for an insert that has the little post (1st choice), the cross hairs (2nd choice), or cross with open circle in center (3rd choice)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version