Author Topic: New Recruit  (Read 18029 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Recruit
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 03:52:59 PM »
We have a New Boston, Texas. It's off I30 on the way to Texarkana.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline 1SG Yoak

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »
Welcome FSgt Yoak to the GAF.

Which Department? :D

RCJ

Atlantic, Northern District.

And you guys are wicked funny...  ::) I'm originally from Ohio.  ;D
First Sergeant J. R. Yoak

GAF#731; SASS#45295; BOLD#432

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
To quote Slim Pickens "I believe y'all has had enough beans . . ."   :-X
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:20:46 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 10:46:05 AM »
Drydock, I had a big bowl of those beans on Friday night with red onion, chili powder, and plenty of japaleno cornbread.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 10:57:42 AM »
Atlantic, Northern District.

I'm originally from Ohio.  ;D

That's not good folks around there tend to put pasta in their chili. :o You have learned the error of yer ways haven't ya?
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline 1SG Yoak

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:33 PM »
That's not good folks around there tend to put pasta in their chili. :o You have learned the error of yer ways haven't ya?

Pasta in their chili? Seriously? Who does that? Yuck

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 02:38:41 PM »

It happens up that way, you must have been lucky.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »
Chili Mac?

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 04:23:59 PM »
Sounds like a marriage of convenience. Or desperation. Or another way to play russian roulette with what's in the pantry.
 "Let's put this Hamburger Helper and Mrs. Grimes Chili Beans together."
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
Chili Mac?

Some call it that.

Back to the beans, Sgt Yoak, we forgot, that Texan would want pinto beans baked also, in Boston they want Navy beans, me out here on the plains of Newbrassky I'd bake Great Northerns, no real reason except most Great Northern beans are grown in our state so might as well keep the money at home. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline S. Quentin Quale, Esq.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »

In WI it's called "Green Bay Chilli."   ;D

But for those of us to know and appreciate Terlingua and its traditions and traditions we just say, "Don't do that!"   ;)

We don't make it much anymore (my wife does not like cumin).  When we do we do the meat and beans separately, then combine them in the bowl with green onions and extra sharp cheddar cheese.  It's OK to use a Mexican cheese (or a mixture that pleases your palate).  Sometime I even put some crumbled Fritos on top!!!!   :)

Oh, and to quote Baxter Black, "Beer is always appropriate."  

SQQ

Offline Cactus Rope

• Cactus Rope
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 09:38:28 PM »
Sounds like a marriage of convenience. Or desperation. Or another way to play russian roulette with what's in the pantry.
 "Let's put this Hamburger Helper and Mrs. Grimes Chili Beans together."

RCJ
Mrs Grimes chili beans were some of the best. I should know, cooked quite a few cans, worked at the canning factory in Grimes, IA during my youth.

Welcome FSgt Yoak.  
NRA * GAF * NCOWS *

"Every oncet in a while, you have to step in it to learn the lesson."

Offline 1SG Yoak

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2010, 09:16:47 AM »
FSgt Yoak,

If you do not hear from our enlistment officer within a couple days please let me know. He may be having weather related problems.

Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
Adjutant General

PM Sent, Colonel

Thanks

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
Just me some Van Camp's Pork N Beans, brown sugar, yellow mustard, red onion, BBQ sauce, and some bacon strips on top.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »
Just made a big pot of beans here, NO pasta! Just beans, ham, onions, garlic, salt&pepper. Wife will probably have hers with a big plate of rice, but then she's from Philippines, so she has that with almost every meal. I'll have mine with cornbread, of course!

Oh, and WELCOME to FSgt Yoak!

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 07:39:21 PM »
Just me some Van Camp's Pork N Beans, brown sugar, yellow mustard, red onion, BBQ sauce, and some bacon strips on top.

Well the Van Camps is OK, the US Army bought lots of them during the Civil War. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 07:40:22 PM »
In WI it's called "Green Bay Chilli."   ;D

But for those of us to know and appreciate Terlingua and its traditions and traditions we just say, "Don't do that!"   ;)

We don't make it much anymore (my wife does not like cumin).  When we do we do the meat and beans separately, then combine them in the bowl with green onions and extra sharp cheddar cheese.  It's OK to use a Mexican cheese (or a mixture that pleases your palate).  Sometime I even put some crumbled Fritos on top!!!!   :)

Oh, and to quote Baxter Black, "Beer is always appropriate."  

SQQ

That is just wrong, do you have to wear foam rubber cheese on yer head to eat it? ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »
Just made a big pot of beans here, NO pasta! Just beans, ham, onions, garlic, salt&pepper. Wife will probably have hers with a big plate of rice, but then she's from Philippines, so she has that with almost every meal. I'll have mine with cornbread, of course!

Oh, and WELCOME to FSgt Yoak!

Would bacon in the beans be OK? ;D

I sure wish I could remember what I tossed into the leftover ones before I baked them Sunday, several folks said they were good. ::)  Rick has no idea what I threw in them and I don't either, and I know I told someone.  Oh well, just have to toss stuff in next time and see how they come out. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline S. Quentin Quale, Esq.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »
That is just wrong, do you have to wear foam rubber cheese on yer head to eat it? ::)

To the best of my knowledge, no.  But it's been a very long time since I was in WI and that was in Milwaukee for a college reunion.  Bog only knows what they do up in Green Bay in the privacy of their own homes!!!!!   :D

I'm not much of a bean fan (except for fresh, green beans).  My wife makes a good corn bread, though.  And I do enjoy refritos with most Tex-Mex dishes.

SQQ

Offline Eagle Eyes Jefferson

• Chaplain for Department of the Atlantic
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 10:37:25 AM »
Mornin' All.......yall done with the bean discussion yet????!!!!!! Got your enlistment request but my telegraph (aka "computer" is in the shop) hope to have it back today or tomorrow...so look for correspondence by Thurs. or Fri. at the latest. Thanks Col. but not weather related this time, confound technology..........it ain't the same world anymore, 'fore long there won't be horses to ride and we'll be usin' machines.......that'll be the day!!!!!!

EEJ
Eagle Eyes Jefferson
Chaplain for Department of the Atlantic
GAF #478
Department of the Atlantic
BOLD #893

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com