Author Topic: Found a source for 1892 Combat Shoes  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Lone Gunman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The Lone Gunman ...as himself
    • Lone-Gunman.com
  • Liked:
Re: Found a source for 1892 Combat Shoes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 10:10:03 PM »
Except for the height the 1892 combat shoes: don't look much different than these reproduction corcoran jump boots which are also just a shorter version of the 1950's era Endicott-Johnson's I wore at the muster. The Fort sells the Corcoran's and the brown ones are actually closer in color to the 1892 shown at the top than the corcoran image. If you wear them with leggins it doesn't really matter how tall they are anyhow.
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 10:47:10 PM »
Ah!  This brings back memories!  I went into the Army in 1959...right at the tail end of the "Brown Shoe Army".  They were fazing out brown combat boots and going to black. In the initial issue...some guys got the brown ones, some got the black.  They were getting rid of certain sizes in the brown ones.  Of course....the brown ones had to be dyed black, so a number of guys in my company sat out on the company street and had a dying session.  I went through basic at Fort Ord, CA.  There, on occasion, when the weather was right we would get some kind of white residue on our boots from the salt air.  An old mess Sergeant showed me how to stop this.  You cut a spud in half and rub the moisture from the spud on your boots and let it dry, then polish them.  You never got that white residue again.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:53:43 AM »

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 12:11:51 PM »
Unfortunately the individual who runs the website I aforementioned is not very responsive to some emails and voice mails that I have left.  To bad.  Anyway, the search continues.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 05:50:32 AM »
Good site. 
I need to get some new leggin's. 
My originals are moth-eaten!
Much obliged,
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 05:16:38 PM »
Gregg,

Go to Coon River.  You don't want to deal with that joker.
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 05:37:25 AM »
MAJ Matt:
Coon River is blocked from my computer.
Somethin' about personalities or violence or some PC crap.
What all do they sell?
Where are they located?
I need to get some leggin's afore the HOW muster.
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 02:38:13 PM »
http://www.cooncreekoldwest.com/

My Mistake,

That is Coon Creek.  They are out of Arizona.  I have bought quite a bit from them and have always been pleased with price and quality, including my leggings....
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Gen Lew Wallace

• Major General, VIII Corps, Commander Middle Dept.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Savior of Washington D.C.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 11:54:08 AM »
Think we'll leave this one up for a little while.  :)
Retired USAF, 20 years defending my beloved nation
NRA Life, SUVCW, GAF#164, AF&AM, AASR

"This is my native state.  I will not leave it to serve the South.  Down the street yonder is the old cemetery, and my father lies there going to dust.  If I fight, I tell you, it shall be for his bones." -Lew Wallace, after the 1860 election

Offline Angus McKechnie

• Active citizen
    • Tombstone Tea & Literary Society
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 02:04:25 PM »
Some years ago I got a pair from Missouri Boot & Shoe and the quality is excellent. Most of their stuff is geared for Civil War folks and the 1892 & 1893 combat shoes don't show on the website but I'm sure if you ask, he'd probably be able to do them. They can be sometimes a bit hard to get a hold of but they're nice people:

http://www.missouribootandshoe.com/index.asp

In reference to the shoes from AEF Supply- don't bother. I ordered a pair of their 1904 Field Shoes for a US Cavalry Punitive Expedition impression and the workmanship on them is garbage. They're probably made in India or somewhere thereabouts- Mexican leatherwork is far superior. I took them to my bootmaker and he's going to make me a much better quality reproduction.

AEF is not too good on customer service either- I ordered a set of the 1912 summer unifrom tunic and breeches and I could never get an acknowledgement of the order. I figured he never got it and wrote the whole thing off. Lo and behold, the tunic showed up yesterday. I might get the breeches when my grandchildren start college... ::)

Just my 2 pesos...

Angus McKechnie
Ex-Pvt, Co H, 9th US Infantry
Angus McKechnie SASS 9509L
NCOWS 2465

Offline Bushwack Bill

• Captain, U.S. Scouts
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 09:55:26 AM »
Got me a pair of those Corcoran Jump Boots.  Wore them to work, after I spit shined them, along with a set of Kakahi BDU's like the ones I wore while I was a Contractor in Saudi Arabia. 

Drove the Marines I work with wild and had the Army pukes wondering who the heck I was.  Oh yeah, I had the White name tapes with Black Lettering and the Black Tape with the Gold US ARMY and my bright Warrant Officer Squashed Bug and CW3 insignia on the collars. 

Being I'm retired I can get away with that.  Got some hard stares from the Active Duty types when I went to the PX and Commissary.  Kind of rattled me when I got saluted by some of the enlisted guys.  I've been retired for about 13 1/2 years and forgot that part.
Old Soldiers never die, we fall back to hell to regroup and sell out to the highest bidder

Offline Tommy tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Keep your pants and your powder dry.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 07:10:58 PM »
http://www.civilwarboots.com/enter.html?target=dept_1.html&lang=en-us

Look at the top left of the list.  He makes excellent boots.  I have a pair of civilian pull on boots.
Keep your pants and your powder dry!
# 356056

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com