Author Topic: Starting down the prostate cancer treatment road. Off to see the wizard.  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Galen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
Duncan I too am still thinking & living in 1968 and find it better than the present

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Guys, 14 treatments done —14 to go, 3 more weeks. Modifying my diet has helped my gut issues.
We shot our BAMM today. I think we had 6 boltgunners and 6 cowboys. Shot it clean but still had a miss- a dead pistol primer. Doh. Came in 3rd boltgun category, had a real bad 1st stage with weak ejections and a loaded round that kinda got stuck and wouldn’t feed through my 1896 Krag SRC. Finally cleared it. I had chamber checked all of my loads but not run them through the magazine. My first match with it and I think I also wasn’t working the bolt hard enough to the rear as I was running it too fast. Did better on the other stages but I will check out the ejector. Used a pair of Smith .455 HE’s and my Norinco trench. Also tried my new Swede for the last stage. Nice day, good breeze, a fun shoot. Here’s Chance, Rico Fardan and myself in uniform. We dress the part.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
Thanks for the good report! Praying for you here still. Sorry your Krag was having "issues", hope it is a simple and easy fix.
Thanks for the pic!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Advertising

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Guys I’ve finished my radiation treatments Friday. Now I get a chance to heal up from getting zapped like a microwave turkey dinner and have my psa and testosterone levels checked every 4 months. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers sent my way. We are shooting a Josie Wales/cas match next Saturday. Haven’t done one of those in years. ‘You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?’
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
Thanks for the update! Praying for you here. Shoot well!

And we want a pic of your Josey Wales pistols!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
I'm sure you're glad that's finished!  Best wishes for getting back to normal!

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Starting down the prostate cancer treatment road. Off to see the wizard.
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2022, 12:19:34 PM »
My Urologist told me they have to wait 6 months after a needle biopsy to do another PSA test.  Well, I just got the results of that, back down to 3.72 and I am very happy! 

Ed, hope you are doing okay!

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Starting down the prostate cancer treatment road. Off to see the wizard.
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2023, 09:31:52 PM »
It’s been a year. Hot flashes and sensitive titties are over. My recent Psa was almost nothing. I’m still struggling with night visits to the bathroom though. Some nights its 2-3 hrs but I have done 5 hrs. Started a   new job.  Working in produce part time at a local Food Lion. Started in November. Doing 6000-9000 steps a shift. Working with good guys. I like it. Not very hard, 40# banana boxes and 50# potatoe bags, good pt.
Tomorrow we shoot another BAMM. Going to use my cut down 1903 and a new build, a No1 Mk3 Dispersal sporter rifle that is now 5 inches shorter than it was. Not a sporter anymore either. Pix tomorrow. Take care.
I just got my app installed so heres my SSMLE [Shortened Short Magazine Lee Enfield].
"Give'em hell, Pike"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com