Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1272843 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2008, 04:09:48 PM »
One thing about being an Old Cop is that you can remember when your Patrol cars ran on premium gasoline and had over 400 cubes under the hood.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »
OT
     That ol hard rubber was the pits.  Had to change the softies more often but worth it!!!  It's jus gotta stick to the road to use the motor's potential as I'm sure you know.  Nutin better than when it's 100 plus an the asphault's ready to fry an egg behind the wheel of a well powered vehicle  ;D
     TLD, Clev really had it right!  Did the Crown Vic's have them?

Leo  
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2008, 04:17:40 PM »
That was Pre Crown Vic. time.  Leo, I started as a Cop in 1970 with a 429 Ford, and I'm out there.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 09:23:23 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »
They were smart to go with the 429 and not the 460.  Even with the 6 quart oil pan they was known to blow at high RPM.  God luv a big block.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »
Geeeeezzzzz….. Taxin’ an old man’s mind.

Thinkin’ the Cleveland had a different block. Buck pointed out the four bolt main caps. The distributor went directly into the block. They didn’t have the PITA hunk of heater hose between the water pump and the intake either.

Bein’ a city cop most I had were the 318 Chrysler stuff that stayed in the garage almost as much as it stayed on the streets. The Malibus were fantastic.

The 20 is kilt.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2008, 06:20:26 PM »
Geeeeezzzzz….. Taxin’ an old man’s mind.

Thinkin’ the Cleveland had a different block. Buck pointed out the four bolt main caps. The distributor went directly into the block. They didn’t have the PITA hunk of heater hose between the water pump and the intake either.

Bein’ a city cop most I had were the 318 Chrysler stuff that stayed in the garage almost as much as it stayed on the streets. The Malibus were fantastic.

The 20 is kilt.

RCS, jus think of it as exercize.  I haven't thought about these motors in a long time. 
     Gives me an opportunity to refresh ma memory an smile a bit  :)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2008, 10:07:50 PM »
Slim
     Yer first picture didn't show--would love to see it.  Remember the Super Bee?  That was a radical machine if I ever saw one.  Dusters were fun too as long as you had the 318 stead of that worthless straight six. 

Leo
They are the Prowler and Viper.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2008, 03:01:51 PM »
Slim,  Have you ever heard of a guy named Tommy Archer?   He has a race shop in Fort Worth and he races Vipers in the SCCA series.  Those are some bad rides.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 07:50:03 PM »
Slim,  Have you ever heard of a guy named Tommy Archer?   He has a race shop in Fort Worth and he races Vipers in the SCCA series.  Those are some bad rides.
No, I have not. Kewl!  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 10:51:51 PM »
I will have to say that the Mopar police cars that I have driven were the fastest, My only complaint with them was that the brakes didn't last long in a high speed chase.  Did anybody notice the Pace car in Sunday's Nascar race?  A Dodge Charger Police Cruiser Demo unit complete with Lightbar.  That was COOL.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 05:39:30 AM »
The Police/Pace car was kindah fun. But NASCAR wrote the ticket. A hunnert grand for Rousch ‘n company ‘n a six week suspension for Osborne. Docked a hunnert owner’s ‘n driver’s points.

I reckon when the say they want the oil reservoir access panel secured, they mean it. 99 will keep the win tho......
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 07:47:23 PM »
My lands.

Just watched the Favre retirement announcement vid clip. Wasn’t easy. Sad.

I know Slim cares. That man has nothin’ left ta prove. He was, ‘n probably still is, as good as any quarterback what’s ever taken the field I do believe. I’m proud ta be able ta say I’ve seen ‘im play the game. An artist will be makin’ a bust ta put in Canton ‘fore long. A hard earned ‘n well deserved honor.

Have a very happy retirement, Brett Favre

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »
Yep, Igot some good memories of watching him play the game, and he never tried to be the Prima Donna so many of the QB's become.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »
All I can say though it aint worth much--
     If yer gonna go out, go out like Namouth an Montanna.  Had a great career, enjoy the rest of life now.  Make mercials for shavin razors with beautiful wimmin an spend life with one even better.  Arther-Rightus won't hurt so much with all that goin on  :D  ;D
     Luck to you Brett.

Leo

Roland Deschain

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2008, 08:25:07 PM »
We all knew Brett was gonna retire one of these years. He is one of the best QB's that played.

Slim

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »
I'm not convinced that he is really going to retire. I am going to save my judgment until after two a days start.  On the penalty for Roush, that was not intentional. Hendrick would have gotten away it with no questions aksed.  Nascar wants to kiss his butt and keep him happy. All the announcers on Speed and ESPN kiss JJ and Gordon's butts all the time. It's like they are the poster boys for NASCAR.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »
Just lookee there……….

Toyota 1 ‘n 2.

I know, I know. I drive ‘em. Kindah like a real American winner.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »
Arcey, Do you think that they have solved the problem with the right fronts on the Gibbs Toyos?  Biffle used up his tires tryin to catch the 18.  Stewart need a Top 5 finish.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »
Fer what it’s werth, I think they lucked out. JGR is doin’ somethin’ with the geometry that ain’t werkin’ out. It held today. Kept waitin’ ta see the 18 doin’ a wall ride.

Stewart whinin’ at the end of the race ‘n slammin’ Goodyear was laughable. He’s on the same tire everyone else was on. NASCAR orders the compounds. Goodyear doesn’t just bring ’em.

Really like ta see the crybaby go back ta open wheel. If the lardass could fit in one. He knows Busch is a better driver ‘n it’s hard on his over-inflated ego. But he won’t. Ain’t no money in Tony George’s glorified go-carts. 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »
Indy ain't the same since Tony took over.  We always got tickets at the parts store when we sold a certain amount of Pefect Circle rings or some other product used in the race.  We went almost every year in the 60's.  We drove up there from the Texas Panhandle and pulled a travel trailer up there to stay in.  The roadsters with Offy engines were the classic racecars.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com