Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BROW

Where would you start?

(1/3) > >>

Dai.S.Loe:
I am just for interest sake going to pose the following hypothetical scenario.

I am an experienced BP pistol shooter who has gotten interested in BPCR.

I've bought the rifle,

I am experienced at loading BP cartridges for my pistols.

I have the moulds and all the equipment I need to start in the sport.

I've been shooting modern rifles at 100-300 yards.

Where would you go from here? How would you go about learning the inticasies of BPCR?

Come on people start talking. Equipment and such is all really great to talk about but what then?. Lets get down to the nitty gritty.

Look at the recent World muzzle loading champs in the UK. Those front stuffers were scoring 99/100 at distances from 900 yards to 1100 yards.

Lets talk techniques,

Breathing, sight aquisition, trigger control, windage, cross stick and rest usage, positional shooting, sight selection etc

Dai.

Derby Younger:
Lot of info available. First objective read:

http://groups.msn.com/BPCR

Bristow Kid:
Well I would start right where I am starting.  Since its winter(I think) here in Iowa.  I am doing alot of reading.  When they start shooting in the spring I am gonna go watch and maybe see if I can find a pard to let me pump a couple of rounds down range to see what I think.  But I aint gonna buy anything till I have done alot of reading and watching.

Advertising:

Dai.S.Loe:

--- Quote from: Bristow Kid on December 26, 2005, 10:24:47 PM ---Well I would start right where I am starting.  Since its winter(I think) here in Iowa.  I am doing alot of reading.  When they start shooting in the spring I am gonna go watch and maybe see if I can find a pard to let me pump a couple of rounds down range to see what I think.  But I aint gonna buy anything till I have done alot of reading and watching.

--- End quote ---

Exactly what I am doing and why I have posted this

Dai.

Bristow Kid:
I am glad you did Dai.  I am leaning toward something in the .45-.70 caliber.  But I do wanna shoot one first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version