GENERAL TOPICS > Tall Tales

Coffee and Tea on a very Independent July

<< < (32/33) > >>

The Trinity Kid:

--- Quote from: Delmonico on July 30, 2022, 12:06:25 PM ---Used to be a lot of stuff like that, probably still is, the problem 32-20 cowboy loads last I knew were cheaper than 32acp.

--- End quote ---

When I had my 32acp KelTec, the acp rounds were a little less than 32-20 cowboy loads, but only by a couple dollars. Couldn’t say these days. Frankly I would rather have a 327 to go with a 32spl. A little more variety for harvesting small game for camp (32short would be great for squirrels and jackrabbits) but still have the magnum power for two leggeds like Sasquatch (sasquatches? Sasquii?) or delivering the coup d’grace on the winter meat. Of course, I could do that with a 357, but not have the bullet interchangeability with the rifle.

I digress.

Anyway, it’s hot and muggy in Africa. That’s about it.

—TK

Major 2:
I'm big on 32/20, nostalgically it was the first real cal. I shot beyond 22 LR when I was a wee tike of about 8 years old.
I still have that gun as it was my Dads and he gave it to me when I was 21.
I have a Colt SAA in 32/20 , a Marlin Classic, a circa 1891 Winchester 73, and a Uberti Cattleman.
I load bout BP (for the 73) and Trailboss for the others...

Safe to say I'm fond of 32WCF

Silver Creek Slim:
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

I have a Colt Police Positive Special in .32-20.

'Tis 57 and partly sunny. High of 82.

Slim

Advertising:

DeaconKC:
Morning y'all and may God bless on this Sunday morning. 72 here right now and raining, high of 82 with severe thunderstorms this afternoon probable. I love those old S&W K frames, such superb guns. That pencil barrel with the acorn ejector sure is a purty one! TK stay safe.

Major 2:

--- Quote from: DeaconKC on July 31, 2022, 08:26:06 AM ---Morning y'all and may God bless on this Sunday morning. 72 here right now and raining, high of 82 with severe thunderstorms this afternoon probable. I love those old S&W K frames, such superb guns. That pencil barrel with the acorn ejector sure is a purty one! TK stay safe.

--- End quote ---

It has an interesting history, Dad traded with his brother (Uncle Slim) to get it, I was told.
He needed a side arm on his Boat,
In January 1942 he volunteered for the US Coast Guard Auxiliary to Capt. his own 32-foot cabin cruiser 'Lenape' as coast watching & patrol craft with a uniformed & armed Coast Guardsman.
Accepted he served in that service Feb. - July or 1942, when the Coast Guard had enough Cutter service and manpower to phase out the civilian volunteers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version