Author Topic: Howdy from Texas  (Read 19920 times)

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Howdy from Texas
« on: March 14, 2013, 11:48:20 PM »
Well Pards, I have Australia on my bucket list. I have been very fortunate in my working career, having had traveling jobs for more years than I want to admit to, I have had the privilidge of having visited 87 countries on six continents. For some reason Australia has eluded me, but I hope to remedy that before I head out to my last roundup. I have come close, Borneo, but never Australia. My big questions are about bringing my CAS guns to Australia. You know the usual questions.......Can I? Do I need any special permits? Are any of my guns prohibited? How many can I bring? And, of course, the most important question, can I bring them back home afterward?
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
Re: Howdy from Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:36:05 AM »
I'm sorry for the slow response, but I mostly only hang around the Darksider's Den.

My friend travels to and fro and has a lot of American friends who fly out for shoots. I rang him and left a message.

What sort of shooting do you do/want to do? Cowboy / SASS - hunting?

We have our cowboy nationals, The Chisholm Trail at the end of September / beginning of October. A week of long range rifle, etc, cowboy shoots, culminating in a two day ten stage shoot on the Friday and Saturday and the top guns shoot off on Sunday, wander down the trail on Monday. A great week. Coming then would get you the maximum amount of shooting in the shortest possible time.

Probably the easiest way would be to organise with an Aussie to share his/her guns and arrange for them to supply ammo. Not the same but wayyyyyyyyyyy easier.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:43:03 AM »
My mate rang back, he knows how to get out of Australia and back in with guns, but is not aware of the rules for the other way around.

We have a bunch of New Zealanders visit once or twice a year, so I will contact them and ask if it all right to share their contact details.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:14:58 AM »

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply. I will look forward to further information. I would like to do some SASS shooting and I might even take a crack at one of those Buffalo you have roaming around. They aren't exactly the same as we have here in the U.S. but they look plenty mean and I supose that they are just as tough. I'd sure like to test their resistance to 45/70.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com