Author Topic: Howdy from Wyoming  (Read 2044 times)

Offline BlackHillsScout

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Howdy from Wyoming
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:46:54 AM »
Hello, I was really glad to have found some other folks interested in this time period.

I lean towards the latter part of the period, I like my revolvers. I do need to get me a plains rifle though, I've had two Lyman's over the years a .50 and a .54 and hopefully after this next gun show will have another.

I enjoy doing my own leather work and would like to build rifles as well.

I also like hunting with smokepoles and for awhile that's all I hunted with, I plan to recreate some plainsman hunts this fall, maybe even bust some 'yotes with the new rifle.

One thing that's been keeping me busy since September has been building our pioneer house as I call it (my wife is glad it will have plumbing and electricity), it is of the basic pioneer design that has built this country, 16X20 story and a half with the ability to add additions on all sides. I went ahead and added an addition on one long side. Think Little House on the Prairie.

Anyways, trying to live the dream.

I'm thankful for the folks involved in getting this together and maybe I'll see some of you on the trail.

Offline Caleb Hobbs

• Top Active Citizen
    • Western Author Michael Zimmer
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Howdy from Wyoming
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:52:11 AM »
Welcome to the board, BlackHillsScout. Sounds like a cool house. Post some photos if you have them. It's always cool to see someone trying to live the part as much as possible.

Caleb

Offline Jake MacReedy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »
Welcome to the fire, Scout, and hello from the Republic of Texas!  Good to have you on board!  I hope you can make it to our first camp and shoot in Kansas in September.  It ought to be a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in person and swapping yarns and gun stories.

Regards,
Jake, aka Ron Clark

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:25:32 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com