Author Topic: Concealed Carry Holsters, what to use  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Concealed Carry Holsters, what to use
« on: September 02, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »
I know there are several holsters available,  what works, what doessn't.

I wear bib overalls in the wintertime a lot of the time and levi's when it's not the overalls,  would one of the elastic belly band holsters work? or is something else better.

summer time a lot of time shorts and t shirt,  would the belly band work there?

what do ya like or dislike.

thanks
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Concealed Carry Holsters, what to use
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 12:49:27 AM »
OT, I can’t tell you what’ll work for you.  Guys that carry while dressed like businessmen will never agree on ‘the’ thing for on or off duty.  Others that dress like everyday people won’t agree on it either. 

In the summer, in jeans and a tee shirt, I tend to stick the thing in my waist band and pull the shirt over it.  With cooler temperatures coming it’ll go in a holster on the belt (strong side) with a jacket or windbreaker over it.

Another “trunks and tee shirt” option is a fanny pack.  It can be a very nice option when you’re wearing trunks with no pockets.  You began to understand why women carry purses.  When I go somewhere with mine, cards, ID, keys, cell phone, everything is in or on it.  The problem with those is allot of people are savvy and they know what’s in there when it’s strapped around your middle.  I’ve had a fistful ask what kind of gun I have in there.  The answer depends on the environment.

With something small, you might want to try dropping it in the pockets of the overalls.  See how that works out. 

Jeans, in comfortable weather, a strong side holster and when you go in public cover it with a jacket or a button up shirt with the tail out and unbuttoned.  That stands out like a sore thumb to me saying someone is carrying but I don’t think most folks notice it.  They just think you’re sloppy.  In cool weather and a jacket no one thinks anything of it.  This sort of carry would be my first recommendation.

It’s going to come down to what’s comfortable to you, an individual choice.  Consider retention qualities of the method should you get in a scuffle.  Whatever you choose, make sure you’re always aware of where it is on your person.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 03:40:36 PM »
Arcey, I know your right about the carrying in the fall, winter and spring, with the overalls  and jeans,   The fanny pack might be the best in the shorts and T shirts  times of the year, probably would be the easiest way.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:36:11 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 04:06:47 PM »
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 04:36:12 PM »
Arcey, I've seen a few of those, most people seem to like them.

they've got so many holsters now,  back when I was a deputy sheriff, we always had to wear a duty rig, (early 70's)  nothing fancy like they got now.

Offline Buffalow Red

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 04:47:22 PM »
any one use a boot holster or ankle type
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

Offline captainjack

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 04:01:07 PM »
Afternoon,

To me, it depends on the size and type of gun you will be carrying.  If it is a small frame 38 sp.  go with a pocket holster.  If just regular jeans and shirt.  Probably the same, but an  inside the pants holster, would work as well.  I can say about semi-autos.  I don't use them, as I prefer the 38 sp. for the most part.

Be well, safe and legal, ;)

Captainjack.
Captainjack

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 04:50:27 PM »
In the pocket is what I prefer with casual wear. I carry the Kel-Tek so it dosn't print. The pocket holsters have improved over the last couple of years. Depends on what im wearing if I use a holster. I've seen some people take a small  peice of suede and sew a sort of sock that covers only the barrel and about half the trigger gaurd. This is the holster I use: http://www.epsaddlery.com/c-22-pocket-holsters.aspx

Jefro,  Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com