Author Topic: Good light load for use with Kirst Konverters...  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Dakota Widowmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS# 65062
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Good light load for use with Kirst Konverters...
« on: November 27, 2005, 04:30:36 PM »
I am researching what to shoot if I got with Konverters.

Since I am going to be shooting a 45cal bullet (45lc or 45sch) I want to use a rather light bullet.

The Pietta revolvers are still not as well built as my Rugers.

I am thinking for smokeless, a 180gr bullet and 5-6gr of trailboss should do it.

For BP, I like using the subs. A 180gr-200gr bullet with 35gr of Pyrodex RS or Select. (since they are slower burnging)

Sound reasonable for Pietta made 58 NMA?

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Good light load for use with Kirst Konverters...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 09:48:47 PM »
I have now (4) 1858 NMAs 2 Pietta and 2 Uberti's. 3 with 5 1/2 and one with an 18" bbl. I use the Kirst cartridge Konverters in all 4. I went with Kirst because I like the 45 S&W Schofield cartridge which fired in these revolvers is like shooting a 38 in a 357 mag. For smokeless right now my favorite is 5 gr of Unique under the 180 gr lead RNFP from National bullet. I worked up from 4.5 grn and still have room to play.But this load is accurate and not hard on my equipment. Your milage may vary. I fooled around with 20 grns of Pyrodex P and worked up to 28 grns which gives me a nice BOOM and satisyfing recoil. I use Calk Backer rod wads to fill the gap and remove air. Some folks don't like the poly foam I've had no trouble with it so far. Again your milage may vary. Alliant powder has a great Cowboy action loading web and if'n you e-mail them they're glad to help or at least they've always helped when I've asked, same for Hodgon.
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com