Author Topic: Texican Rangers?  (Read 5369 times)

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Texican Rangers?
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:16:21 AM »
Hello All,

For family reasons, I am leaving the left coast and will be trying to shoot with the Texican Rangers October 9th (I hope I got that date right!).

So I have a couple of questions  ....

First, it would be much easier to pick up my ammo in the Lone Star State than carry it on the aircraft ... the guns will be daunting to fly out of CA with, much less ammo. So, since I shoot .45 Schofield, is there a SASS friendly gun shop that I can call and have some waiting for me? In a perfect world, they could either ship it to my cousin's B&B in Mason or possibly bring it to the shoot .... again, in a perfect world.

Here is a recent pic ....

For a SASS Member but guest at your club, what is the charge to shoot?

Someone who shot with y'all said that y'all put on a barbecue that had to be experienced ... it was just too good to put into words in his mind. Do y'all still have the Barbecue? If so, is there an extra charge for the chow that I should bring money to?

Lastly, it would be nice to talk to a few people before I get there so that I would at least know some names .... so don't be shy ... say hi and pull up a chair for a palaver or two .... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
Re: Texican Rangers?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 06:46:25 AM »
Regarding ammo.  Contact 3 B Shooting Supply.  They are the most cowboy friendly gun shop in Texas.  Ask for Oklahoma Tom.  Tell him Pancho sent you.  He's a Ten-X dealer and usually has loads of cowboy ammo in stock.  I'm sure he'll be able to ship you out some ammo to your B&B location.  (You are correct:  flying with bulk ammo is a MAJOR pain and very expensive.)

http://www.3bshootingsupply.com/

Regarding the Texican Rangers:  Contact Dusty Chambers.  He's their TG and a very nice pard to shoot with:

dustychambers@stx.rr.com
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Grouchy Spike

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 03:18:37 PM »
Texican Rangers are shooting on Sat 9/11 and Sun 9/12.

Chili cookoff Saturday, chili lunch for $5.

Wild Bunch and Cowboy Main Matches on Saturday - shoot either; Cowboy Main Match on Sunday

$20 match fee for visitors.

www.texicanrangers.org

See you there!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:00:14 PM »

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:55:11 AM »
Spike,

Unfortunately, I am not getting there until the 9th of October; but if you will be there, stop by and say hi!

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Offline Dusty Chambers

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 07:48:44 PM »
Sorry I missed this post earlier. Kinda computer sick after 6- 8 hours of it at work. Glad ya made the shoot. I started that brisket at 4pm Friday, satying up most of the night. I stopped drinking Crown at 3 am.
2 of them briskets were cooked by another member. Last year we ran out of food, we have more non shooting folks last year. I cut a corner of one them briskets and saved it fer me. Was too busy to eat much at the range. The only problem was cutting it up, was so tender it feel apart.
I hope stage 5 didn't scare ya with them 8 inch plates. That was the frist time we used them in a monthly match. I always try to do a little throw back of earleir type cas shooting, mixed in for Shindig.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »
Dusty,

I really had fun at the match .... the RO was more than kind, the people were fun and accepting ot this guy from California ....

And John Smith adopted me and made me feel right at home.

I enjoyed the shooting and the loose, 'down-and-dirty' form of shooting ... at my normal shoots, there is a fireing order that one may or not be ready to shoot, but it is your turn ....

I loved the Beef Brisket ... it was fantastic!  But what was even nicer was the way I was accepted into a table of friends and made to feel at home ....it had the feel of shooting (And eating) with cousins and kin.

Transporting Guns from California was not that bad once one knew the drill ... but taking off cowboy boots, belt et al at the xray boxes got old real quick .....

Bottom line guys ... this is a great club!! My only regret is that I only get to shoot with them every year or so ...

NCOWS #3403

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 10:10:12 PM »
Well, ya just need to emigrate to the Republic of Texas!  There's lots of clubs here to keep ya busy shootin'!  ;D
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 12:10:18 AM »
I'm athinkin' real hard on it ... I mean, for my equity alone in my little CA bungalow, I could buy outright a nice three bedroom/2bath house in Fredericksburg .... and have my military and civilian retirements to live off of ... sounds kinda nice!!

NCOWS #3403

Offline John Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »
Got a great VA hospital in Kerrville, no state income tax, very resonable gun laws, what more could you want?  Glad you enjoyed yourself, we're going to host the Texas state championship in the spring, come back and shoot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com