Author Topic: Updated Battle Rifle Standards  (Read 8248 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Re: Updated Battle Rifle Standards
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »
OK, now I am really confused.  In an earlier post you said the Spencer 56-50 is acceptable, which it should be. 

This post you said if it is legal as a main match rifle in SASS, it can not be used. 

The  Taylor's 56-50 carbine and rifle (thanks to my article in the Cowboy Chronicle in 2005) can now be used as a SASS main match rifle.  Should it be "If your rifle can be used competitivly as a SASS Main Match Rifle, UNLESS IT IS A 56-50 SPENCER, then you cannot use it in Battle Rifle?

I am not trying to stir the pot, honest.  I am just confused.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline gotzguns

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 05:03:59 PM »
can i use a mauser 71/84 bolt action rifle? it is a tubular mag rifle but can be shot single shot. the 1871 mauser was single shot. thanks, gotzguns

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 08:05:47 AM »
OK.  Ya need to read the standards, then read the list.

1- As a rule of thumb, I said if the rifle is "competitive" in the usual SASS classes.  The Spencer is not.

2- The Mauser is accepted as a Battle rifle, you can use the magazine.   Please read the "Standards" post.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:45:59 AM »

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 01:36:58 PM »
Sgt glad all is well with you.

This project sounds pretty cool.

I recently acquired an 1879 Rolling block in 43 spanish and look forward to getting used to her so I can do a battle rifle interpretation.

This gun matches my 1870-80's USRCS impression well - while officers did not shoot the rifles on ship but used pistols and swords.  USRCS officers were to maintain proficiency in all the small arms - lesson learned from their use leading limited Naval infantry excursions during the seminole wars.  Plus it was very gentlemanly to be a rifle target shooter.

Pards and pardettes lets have a round at the cantina/bar for the SGT here.  Drinks on me!!

Nice work - hope to shoot with you again some day!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com