Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1886

Some 1886 set trigger questions.

<< < (2/3) > >>

King Medallion:

--- Quote from: HamptonBogs45 on November 22, 2021, 03:29:04 AM ---If you have deep pockets this rifle deserves a full turnbull restoration.

--- End quote ---

Oh, NO NO NO NO! Do not restore it! That would destroy it's collectable and remove its life's history. Fix what needs fixing internaly, but leave the exterior as is.
Thant's my opinion, for what it's worth.

King Medallion:
Ahh, it pays to read the whole OP, didn't see the stock was replaced. Still, I would not restore it externally.

HamptonBogs45:

--- Quote from: King Medallion on November 22, 2021, 08:40:33 AM ---Ahh, it pays to read the whole OP, didn't see the stock was replaced. Still, I would not restore it externally.

--- End quote ---
Yeah I would’ve have said the same if it had all the original parts. But the stock was replaced and it isn’t checkered. If money was no option turnbull could make a fancy stock and restore the handguard and the metal and internals would be beautiful.

Advertising:

King Medallion:
With the stock not original, but still correct, would it be possible to have the correct checkering applied and the somehow aged? That would be the route I would take, if it were mine, and if I were really concerned about checkering, which I'm not. I'd still leave it as is.

shrapnel:

--- Quote from: HamptonBogs45 on November 22, 2021, 03:29:04 AM ---If you have deep pockets this rifle deserves a full turnbull restoration.

--- End quote ---

One statistic in the Madis book of Winchesters that needs to be added:

How many Winchesters have been restored by Turnbull?  Too many!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version