Author Topic: Zoot Shooting in Wisconsin  (Read 7977 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Zoot Shooting in Wisconsin
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 06:46:45 PM »
Man, that looks like fun!

Would my Garand qualify as a "Zoot" gun? Can't have a FA in Kanuckistan. If not the M1, then what about my stock '03?

I do have spats, a double breasted suit and a Panama hat. Coupled with my M12 and stock 1911, I could have a ball.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 07:06:48 PM »
The rifle caliber guns are too big for the short ranges most capers are shot at.  Larger matches do have long range side matches where both rifles would work.  Think pistol caliber long guns and don't worry about full auto, almost everyone uses semi auto long guns.  In all of the AZSA matches I've ever attended only two people have used full auto guns and in my experience their full auto fire cost them time over the semi auto guns.  As a matter of fact many of our shooters use one or more lever action long guns and I don't see where they give up much if anything, time wise to the semi auto rifles.
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »
PJ, I have a semi auto Tommy that is a lot of fun to shoot, but it is HEAVY. My little Rossi 92 is a joy to shoot and weighs nothing compared to the Tommy.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:21:26 AM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 08:03:13 PM »
I've got two B-92's in .44 mag and a Rossi SRC in 44-40. I prefer the Rossi. Last fall I took 11 ruffed grouse with it, all head shots! Carries like a dream.
The 92's are "notchey" compared to my butter smooth Uberti 66 SRC. You gotta operate 'em like you mean it.

This fall my wife said - "No more grouse!", so I've been beating the bushes for a moose, but not with the 44-40 Rossi. I alternate between a Marlin 45-70 (NOT the Guide Gun) and my Shiloh 50-70 Carbine.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2018, 12:09:08 PM »
No, it's  not an Auto-Ordinance. I don't know who made the gun. Maybe Sliver Creek can respond on that. The shotgun is  a Remington Model 11. As far as shotguns used, we had one Auto 5, one Remington Model 11, a Winchester Model 12, and the Winchester Trench Gun. It was a blast. But I did have a hard time keeping my Black & White shoes clean in all the mud!

Machine Gun Charlie
My "Tommy" is from Volunteer Arms made in the '70s. It uses standard Thompson mags. I picked it up at a local "toy store" for $400 with two mags. The key to proper functioning is lots of oil on the bolt.

It was lots of fun despite the weather. Looking forward to more Zoot shooting next year.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
Looks like y’all had fun except for the bad weather. Our October cas match got weathered out. I worked outside for 40 years in the bad weather, darned if I’m going to play in it. Ain’t no fun. We’re doing abbreviated [10 rds for the 1911] Wild Bunch match this month so we can get 6 scenarios in. If the weather is decent I’ll wear my pinstripes, fedora and nickeled 1911.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com