CAS TOPICS > NCOWS

Why I like NCOWS

<< < (25/27) > >>

Dr. Bob:
And, very good friends you both are!!  ;D

Texas Lawdog:
I enjoy NCOWS for the friends I have met attending NCOWS functions. The Convention is a good place to meet new friends and renew aquaintences with old friends. I like the authenticity of the weapons and clothing. I am looking forward to attending the Convention again next month.

dusty texian:
I'd like to take a shot at expressing why I like ,and joined,  NCOWS .I was first drawn to the history of the old west period as a youngster. I was lucky to have grown up in a family that wereTexas, cowboy's from the early day's. My Great Grandfather ,Grandfather ,Dad ,God rest their Soul's ,were men I looked up to and I was showed the way it was way back yonder by them.I try to teach my Children and now Grandchildren what I have learned of the past that is important, And should not let become lost. The way I see it NCOWS is about keeping our past and history alive and accurately passed along . I also think that one of the most important thing's the NCOWS club must do to insure it will continue ,is to reach out to new member's ,both young and old. As a new member I want to Thank you All for allowing me into your club, and most of all ,being tollerant of my well ment but sometimes not worded wright comment,s . I have been treated very Kindly by alll member's here.  And made many new friend's .And like Charles Isaac ,wrote back in 10-30-08 Most times when I go to the shooting club I belong to I'm the odd duck , with my antique firearms and old time catridges .Most times after the( what kinda gun is that) question they will ask( are you dressed like that for some kinda cowboy shoot).  That's how I dress every day ! I usually leave the club with at leaste one or two fella's sayin that is somthing I would like to try.On my huntin ranch's I hunt only with antique or replica type firearms and that is startin to rub off on the other hunter's . Thinking on going Vintage Huntin ONLY in the near future at the ranch's  , Heck  most of the hunters are old hands at it ,and it's not about what they get ,it's how they get it .So to Speak. And that's why we hunt together,a good bunch.And I think I have fell in with a good bunch here, So I feel rite at home here. And Thank's to You All ,for makin me feel at home .Dusty Texian.

Advertising:

Tjackstephens:
Dusty, very well put. Sure gald to have you with us. Tj

Major 2:
Dusty, You are most welcome glad you're here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version