Regional Topics > Chinook Country

Frontier Action Shooting in Alberta

<< < (3/11) > >>

Whoop-up Roy:
I did contact AFS and it is just that a rumor.  It is not true. YeH!  We will be going to RMH this summer.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black:
I think that if a club or organization were to bring in a rule like that, they should provide a generous advance notice.  They should advertise the standards, and provide a chance for visitors to qualify at the match.

For experienced shooters, I have not noticed any problems with the standard safety meeting before the match.  Beginners should always be closely supervised, with patience, during the match.  Again, the standard of care I have observed everywhere has been of a very high order.

Buffalo Creek Law Dog:
The first AFS shoot of the year in Rocky was cancelled this past weekend.  Thursday was +15C (+60F) with no snow on the ground.

Then on Friday, blizzard conditions, snow, high winds and of course high wind chill.  Today, still the same.   sigh!

Advertising:

Nine Toe Jim:

--- Quote from: Buffalo Creek Law Dog on April 21, 2008, 10:16:25 AM ---The first AFS shoot of the year in Rocky was cancelled this past weekend.  Thursday was +15C (+60F) with no snow on the ground.

Then on Friday, blizzard conditions, snow, high winds and of course high wind chill.  Today, still the same.   sigh!

--- End quote ---

Shucks, I thought you Albertans were tough??

NTJ

Buffalo Creek Law Dog:
We get spoiled out here with all the Chinooks.  Our normal max for this time of year is 13 and min 0. The last few weeks we were walking around in either a light jacket or shirt sleeves.

Today is Tuesday, schools closed, blowing snow, wind chill -17C. 

At least most of the spring yardwork was completed prior to this last blast of winter.

There will be lots of happy farmers  (there's an oxymoron) with the needed moisture. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version