Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Uberti, Pietta and other SAA Clones

Uberti VS. Pietta -Video

<< < (2/5) > >>

45 Dragoon:
Well, I'm not trying to "get away with something",  .  .  . that's a little crass .  .  . 
 I'm simply stating my particular findings which align with "known" information as far as loads are concerned in revolvers being discussed.  Too bad it may not align with some folks "preconceived" notions of the "favored " SA. Brian Pearce has written many articles explaining his findings  and apparently has pressure reading equipment to include information about his own findings.  That being the case and knowing what I know about the revolvers in question ( I currently own the mentioned Pietta Frontier and previously  owned an Uberti El Patron) I actually have first hand experience  with both.  I do wish (and I may can borrow my old El Patron !!)  I had known  what I know now  when I had the El Patron so I could shoot the 45C +p's  as well as the 45acp +p's.  I'll  try and make that happen.
  I figured  the "I gotta Ruger blah blah blah  would rear it's "nauseous" head which even Ruger's instructions say  not to use reloads  .  .  .   reckon anyone  loads  "Ruger only"  loads for their Blackhawks / Super Blackhawks?  Well,  so much for that !!! Lol !!
My interest isn't in finding the Ruger "equivalent" (Heaven forbid!!).  I'm  just  answering the  Uberti  vs Pietta  thing so .  .  . like it or not, in my opinion, after owning both,  the Uberti  strength,  better action parts,  wins for me.  Funny how Ruger is always mentioned because of it's  "strength " but if any  others can step over the tier 1 loads it's  "verboten" to say anything about it !!!
 I have Rugers and like Rugers but it's fun to shoot other SA's that can "nip at their ankles",  be it Top strap  versions or open-top versions.   Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything,  it's just information  .  .  . 

Mike

RRio:
Let's go easy, guys. Let's not get a fuss going over which gun is better. We all have our favorites. Let's keep everything friendly. ;)

45 Dragoon:
I would agree but that's usually what happens when there's a "blank" vs "blank" thread.  If you're going to shoot only tier 1 loads,  there wouldn't be any problem. Nobody likes to come back from the range with a bent revolver and I'm sure some folks may venture into shooting  some "warm" loads ( they may not own a Ruger).  If  I'd known my Pietta wasn't  capable of even a few +p's,  I'd have forgone the "getting to know 45acp +p's" in my testing of the '60 platform.   For the same reason,  I think it best to at least mention that difference  .  .  .  maybe for someone it may make the decision a little easier.  Again,  it's just information.

Mike

Advertising:

Coffinmaker:
Well heck.  A quick little brawl is to be expected as Mike has said.  There are, of course, arguments to be had by and for either side.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing information either.

As a point of fact, I'm really curious where Mike's Pietta frame actually pulled and by how much??  Probably a combination of very small increments in several places but I are curious.

It is also interesting that Mike and I have both dabbled with heavier loads in our 1860 Kirst projects.  My principal concerns have always centered on the cylinder as being the weakest link and the Kirst cylinder is not weak by any stretch.  Anyway, Mike and I can Play Nice and Share Toys

The Other Mike

But I am NOT sharing my PB-n-J SANDWICH !!

Major 2:
Ah, go ahead

next up  Ford VS Chevy  ;D   

Then Original Series VS Next Generation  :D  Kirk VS Picard  :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version