Author Topic: Shotgun??????  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Whyit

• Citizen
  • Me an Crash
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shotgun??????
« on: December 28, 2005, 04:58:23 PM »
 :-\ :-\Looking for exposed hammer shotgun, any thoughts on Spartan vs. Adco vs. TTN?
I like the idea if the hammers close together, but there is no mention of them in the Spartan or Adco adds.  Any help would be.....helpful.   Thanks

Offline Presidio

• Jack of all Trades
  • Top Active Citizen
  • One Riot - One Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Shotgun??????
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 05:41:31 PM »
I have a Norinco Hammer exposed.  I can jest reach across both hammers with muh right thumb ta cock at the same time.  Sorry, don't know 'bout the others ya mentioned. :-\

SASS # 40582 ~ BOLD H30 ~ RO I & RO II
Texas Regulators, Tomball, TX
Texas Historical Shooting Society, Columbus, TX

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 07:09:29 PM »
I maybe vilified for this ... but here goes

The Russian Spartan I think is the least pricey of the three you mention it's made by Baikal.
I believe it will need the most work to smooth out (very stiff and rough)

Adco, They are just now coming in and I've handled one it was Ok ,but it too will need a bit of work (stiff to open).
I did not shoot it or shuck shells though. The concern here is getting spare parts.

You mention the Hammers spacing , both the Spartan and the Adco are wider than the....

TTn ( this was my choice ) Hammers are about 5/8" apart and easy to thumb a cock at the same time.
 I have to say Walt Johnson of TTn was very helpful.
Out of the box I was very please with the fit and finish. The American Black walnut stock is beautifully figured, I particularly like the rounded pistol grip.
Both chambers were polished I had to do nothing to shuck shell.
A spare (lighter) spring comes with the gun and mine was fitted with a larger front bead sight ( than OEM )
The thumb lever is a bit stiff but smooth and the gun breaks open with little effort out of the box.
I will however, do a bit of touchup polish at the hinge.

I suppose It sounds like a testimonial, I'm just saying I'm very pleased with mine.

BTW ....I had Stoeger which needed the chambers polished and the ejector deburred before Shells would shuck. Also needed the hinge stoned so it would drop open without sticking.

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:11:43 AM »

Offline Whyit

• Citizen
  • Me an Crash
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 11:20:08 PM »
 :) :)Presidio, and Major231 Thanks for your input, I new this would be the place to ask questions and get straqight answers,     Thanks again.....

Offline Coyote Tim

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 09:35:02 PM »
I'm a  newbie just getting into CAS and I just picked up a double barreled shotgun from Big 5 for about $200.00. (I'm told that if you keep your peepers open they sometimes go on sale for $150.00.) Theirs is imported by Interstate Arms but the local gunshop told me it's the same as the Norinco. I've put about 200 rounds through it so far. It's a bit rough around the edges but it shoots good for an entry level gun.
SASS # 69135
"Better judged by 12 than carried by 6"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com