Author Topic: RUGER NEW VAQUERO PROBLEMS  (Read 6034 times)

Offline GUAMBEAR

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
RUGER NEW VAQUERO PROBLEMS
« on: April 25, 2008, 03:40:23 AM »
Straight out of the box und with less than 100 rounds down range the pistol locked up on me…
I couldn’t pull the hammer back, the cylinder wouldn’t rotate and the cylinder latch wouldn’t depress. It wasn’t until I opened the gate and rotate the cylinder a bit was I able to pull back the hammer and discharge the round. But once fired the same problem repeated itself. I couldn’t pull the hammer back, the cylinder would rotate and so on…Well after taking the gun apart a few times and comparing it with another Ruger I realized that hammer plunger was jammed inside the hammer. Once I removed the plunger I found a medal burr that was causing all the problems and with a file I took care of that problem.
Now for my other situation… TOO MANY MISS FIRES! It doesn’t look like the firing pin is striking the cartridge hard enough. After standing around embarrassed in front of my friends I run the round again through my 1861 (cartridge conversion) and it fires like it should. Yes, I do all my own reloading and I take special care to insure the primers are at the proper depths but it looks like the hammer spring isn’t strong enough or maybe the firing pin is not long enough… Any idea?
Who has what I need to insure that I get a good discharge ever time. You know it’s a bit embarrassing at the range with the gun goes click, click, click….   

Offline Hobie

• Top Active Citizen
    • Shooting with Hobie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: RUGER NEW VAQUERO PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »
Does it do the same thing with factory ammo?  If so I'd suggest that you return it to Ruger.  The mfg should always be expected to make it right.   ;)
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 06:01:52 PM »

::) :o ??? DITTO, what Hobie said, send it back and you'll be a happy pard. ;) :D ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:12:04 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 08:40:50 PM »

Ruger is serious about their warranty.  Call them.  They will probably send you a pick-up ticket and the trip back and fourth will be on their nickel.  Ruger will resolve the problem.  While your at it, check the barrel/cylinder gap.  Should be .005, +/- .001.  Ruger is famous for too little barrel cylinder gap.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com