Author Topic: Stainless rodeo?  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Marshall Matt Dillon

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Stainless rodeo?
« on: April 14, 2021, 09:13:53 PM »
Is there such a thing as a stainless rodeo?

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Stainless rodeo?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 07:00:05 AM »

I wouldn't say there couldn't have been a Stainless Prototype.  However, I have never seen nor heard of a "Stainless" USFA in the wild.

Stay Safe Out There

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 12:43:20 PM »
I have seen some folks claim the Rodeo II they have is stainless but it isn't It is brushed or satin nickel. Like Coffinmaker said unless it was a possible prototype USFA to my understanding never made for marketing a stainless steel revolver.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:52:36 PM »

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 01:22:34 PM »
And if they had made one, which they did not, they certainly would not have marketed it as one of their "bargain priced" Rodeos.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 07:52:59 PM »
No stainless Rodeos.

There were how ever China Camp guns that were shipped in the white.  Normal steel, with no finish.  I've seen more than one advertised as a "stainless" USFA.   Nice guns.  We still have a pair.  They are blue now.

USSFA wrote them up like this:
"The China Camp Cowboy Action Gun in our patented Silver Steel Competition Finish"

Total BS of course.
https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?topic=14044.0
"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline Marshall Matt Dillon

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 04:10:26 AM »
Thanks all,,,,,i have been arguing/discussing with a person on internet who was trying to convince me they have a pair of stainless rodeos they would sell me. Their pics looked nickel to me, but they swear,,.

Edit: Ah! I found my other thread where you guys answered this for me previously. I had lost it. I am not the internet guru i thought i was.  :-\ :)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 01:14:05 PM »

Along this line, I have gotten into several "Discussions" with sellers, elsewhere, whom were advertising Pietta "Marshal" series Cap Guns as "Stainless."  NOT

Just highly polished steel, then heat treated.  Looks like stainless but it IS NOT.  Pietta also now offer several different Cap Guns as "Old Silver" made the same way.  Really NICE guns.

Stay Safe Out There

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 01:37:04 PM »
Just polished, never heat treated past the original billets they were cut from.

Just guns in the white...nothing more.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 01:18:15 PM »

USSFA wrote them up like this:
"The China Camp Cowboy Action Gun in our patented Silver Steel Competition Finish"

I saw one at a gun show years go. I swear that thing would start to darken just from being looked at (LOL).

The guy offering it for sale (and it was for a premium price) had some persuasion of polishing cloth in his back pocket, that he would take out every time you handed the bun back to him and joyfully polish on it while talking to the latest prospective buyer. The man behind the table swore it was "stainless steel". He claimed he just couldn't abide finger prints on his favorite revolver...which he was in fact willing to sell despite of it being his "favorite".

Dave T

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2021, 01:36:39 PM »
No matter how good the USFA guns eventually became, there was so much serious PT Barnum horse turds flying about right up to their demise ( and continues to this day) that it has always been tough to figure out who actually did build what and from where the parts came from.

If the last guns they built weren't so good, no one would care.   10 years on?  If you want a gun that will shoot every bit as good as a USFA just buy a Uberti or two :)   All recent Ubertis in 44 Special with 4 click hammer conversions.   3 new Ubertis will still cost you juts over 1/2 price what a single, nice US made USFA will cost you.  More PT Barnum.

Gun on the far left now wears Persinger's carved elephant ivory.  Ivory is worth more than the gun!  But the gun is good enough/shoots good enough that it deserves Persinger ivory in my book.   Big Horn sheep on the middle gun and Resin-S on the far right.  Not the way everyone would do it, but  the guns shoot.   And I like a decent set of grips.

Offline beefmalone

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 10:36:44 PM »
Timex keeps great time but some people still want a Rolex.  8)

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 10:49:37 PM »
Rolex?  People who own a Rolex generally know what the watch is capable of and what it isn't capable of.

Buy the hype or buy the tool.  You get to decide decide which is which.

Offline beefmalone

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 09:41:44 PM »
Lots of people talk about how their cheaper tool is "just as good" as the name brand.  Uberti or USFA, Timex or Rolex, Kia or Cadillac, Kobalt or Snapon. Whatever makes you feel good, I guess. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com