Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Frontier Iron

Winchester revolver in GOTOW

(1/4) > >>

Abilene:
The current Guns of the Old West issue has a neat article on the Winchester revolver.  You know, the one they designed and maybe built a few but then stopped so that Colt would stop making the Burgess lever action (so the story goes).  I had only seen a small black and white picture of one once.  This is a nice article with big pictures of a nickled and engraved model.  Various circumstances indicate it "may" have been Bohlin engraved and "may" have belonged to Tom Mix.  I don't think they ever mentioned who actually owns this gun.  I didn't read it word for word but scanned it fairly well.  I don't subscribe due to the price - I look at them at the newstand, usually my local Walmart.  This issue has the "Golden Spike" engraved Pietta revolver on the front cover.

Uberti couldn't reproduce a Merwin Hulbert at a reasonable cost, but they might be able to do this one and I'll bet it would be popular but they would probably never be able to get a real one to reverse engineer.

Coffinmaker:

:) Hey Abilene  ;)

And a Happy Thanksgiving to ya  :D

Absolutely no interest in a Winchester revolver.  However I think it's a crying shame it would be so so so dam'd expensive to tool up to make a Replicant of the Merwin Hulbert.  Especial with the "Skull Krusher" grip and the posibility of interchangeable barrel length.  Oh Well.

Abilene:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on November 23, 2023, 09:32:53 AM --- :) Hey Abilene  ;)

And a Happy Thanksgiving to ya  :D

Absolutely no interest in a Winchester revolver.  However I think it's a crying shame it would be so so so dam'd expensive to tool up to make a Replicant of the Merwin Hulbert.  Especial with the "Skull Krusher" grip and the posibility of interchangeable barrel length.  Oh Well.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  My dream gun would be the opentop, scoop flute, short barrel, skull crusher grip model.  :)
The sample gun Mike Harvey sent to Uberti was a top strap model with plow handle grip, so that is what they would have made first, and we'd have had a wait for the other.  But all for naught.

Happy thanksgiving to you also!

Advertising:

Sir Charles deMouton-Black:
My public library subscribes to Overdrive/Libby. I now have four of my favorite gunrags delivered to my inbox as soon as they are issued. FREE!

Major 2:
I'd like to know more about Overdrive/Libby   :-\

Local Grocery carry's a few of the more contemporary tactical leaning periodicals, but I pass.
I dropped my GOTOW subscription a few years ago.       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version