Author Topic: Rear Sight Question  (Read 841 times)

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Rear Sight Question
« on: October 18, 2022, 05:07:12 PM »
Greetings All,

Tried to put this up earlier but fat fingered it and now am reposting.  After trying tang sights on 1876 and Sharps replicas, have done some thinking about my 76.  Preference is for a barrel sight and I am leaning toward a ladder type like on originals.  Smith Enterprise makes a sight that is very much like an original but has a detent system and locking thumb screw.  My question - has anyone tried this Smith rear barrel sight?  Thanks for any insight!!

P.B.

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Rear Sight Question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 05:42:54 AM »
I use the Smith Enterprises sight, and it's great!  I like that it will hold adjustment under recoil, unlike most original ladder sights that "adjust" themselves every shot.  You'll like it!  (I have one on my '86, too, and it works just as well there.)

(By the way, I replied to this post last night, and the reply seems to have disappeared.  No idea why.)
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 10:09:44 AM »
 Hey Niederlander, been having that same problem w/ reply's & some PM's, "POOF", gone. ???

drinking coffee & thinking about it.   Hootmix.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:30:37 PM »

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 06:50:39 PM »
Mr. Niederlander thanks for the reply!!  I am thinking and looking at the sight as next tinkering project with the 76.

Thanks to you both for sharing the posting/replies didn't work for you.  I figured it was just me messing up the original post but same here - it up and disappeared so retyped.

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 07:12:28 AM »
Pinto, after reading your post about the Smith back sights, went and pulled my Rossi 92 out. My back sight looks just like the Smith full Buckhorn w/ elevator, but no name or markings of any kind. " I" really like this sight and had put one on my 76' 45-60, the full buckhorn suits me just fine, it's the "front" sights that gives me the most problems. Just made a Green Glow front sight for my 92', no problem seeing the front sight now. Just another way to help our "old" eyes.

coffee's ready,  Hootmix.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com