Author Topic: GAF Division of Indiana Muster October 2, 2021 After Action Report  (Read 559 times)

Offline DEL56

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3616
  • GAF #: 895
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
AFter Action Report,

The Muster this past Saturday was an interesting one. As was suggested, we started at the furthest Skirmish away from the parking area and worked our way back. This proved to be a great idea since it began raining as we were finished with that skirmish and walking back to the second one. It was nice that those waiting to shoot were able to be under roof and dry before they shot. Other than the rain, things went pretty well. Except for High Card having trouble with his Sharps and black powder ammo for his pistol. Those two things compounded each other and meant he was not able to finish one of his skirmishes. He said he had fun and enjoyed it none the less.

We had six shooters in all. Three who shot Military Black Powder Single Shot rifles, two shooting Military Repeaters, and one shooting Black Powder Single Shot Scout. Not as many shooters as in our previous Musters, but with the rain and all, it turned out and we were done early. We were done shooting by 12:30 so there were not as many starving guys.

I had changed things up for this Muster. Our first skirmish had just two rifle targets and two pistol targets. We started from about 60 yards away for the rifle. We single tapped each target and then moved to a new position zig zagging your way left and right and moving closer after engaging the two rifle targetsl. Seven positions in all for a total of 14 rifle rounds. At the end of the skirmish run were two pistol targets in the creek which needed to be double tapped for a total of 4 pistol rounds.

The second skirmish run was rifle ONLY. You began in the Barracks and single tapped a total of 16 riffle targets from 4 positions or when seen depending on the shooter. The targets ranged from 10 yards up to 40 yards while you covered a distance of 65 yards on foot.

The third skirmish run was a pistol ONLY skirmish. There was a total of 14 pistol targets to engage. The last two targets were double tapped for a total of 16 rounds. There was one other challenge involved. After engaging your 14th pistol target, you had to drag a wounded soldier, a dummy made of straw which got heaver during the rain, over to the forward Hospital position marked by the Hospital Flag. Upon arriving at the Hospital Flag areal, you had two final targets to engage with double taps. This completed the skirmish run.

I did the last two skirmishes to give people the experience to know that you can shoot GAF as a Gunner, Pistol only class, and as an Infantryman, rifle only class. I think everyone got the idea. If you don’t have the rifle and only have a pistol and uniform, or if you don’t have the matching pistol but do have a rifle and uniform, you can still shoot a GAF Muster. Everyone enjoyed the concepts and did a lot of talking about them afterwards.

Here are the Muster Results:

Military Repeater

1. Dewayne Liebrandt
2. Larry Gardner

Military Black Powder Single Shot

1. Lite Colonel
2. Tod Lane
3. High Card

Black Powder Single Shot Scout

1. Rex Young

Precision Rifle

1. Larry Gardner
2. Rex Young.
3. Lite Colonel
(The difference from 1-3 place in string scoring was less than 36 mm. Now that is close!)

Muster Champion

Larry Gardner

So the Division of Indiana had three Musters in 2021 with three different Muster Champions. That is great!

This was the last Muster The Division of Indiana will shoot this year and I am already looking forward to next year. I am hoping we will have other GAF members in attendance who live in Indiana and neighboring states next year to compliment those who are already coming. Thanks for everyone who has attended one of our Musters and let's start reloading for next year! God bless!

One in Christ,
Dewayne Liebrandt

Offline DEL56

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3616
  • GAF #: 895
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: GAF Division of Indiana Muster October 2, 2021 After Action Report
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 05:44:13 PM »
Some pictures my wife, Jackie Liebrandt, took at the Muster.

Offline Whitehorse Lane

• Active citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3971
  • GAF #: 891
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 03:49:56 PM »
At least nobody drown we know of ..
Got hard to see at times and slippery in spots but it was great fun !
ANd no worries about frostbite like the first to musters  :o ::) lol
Thank goodness it wasn't hot this time
White Horse Lane
Commander 9th Kentucky Cavalry (Retired)
GAF #891
NCOW #3971

Advertising

Offline Robert Swartz

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 892
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 06:50:14 PM »
......nice pictures. Sorry I missed the shoot. Was at the Mississenewa 1812 reenactment.
"Copperhead Bob"
GAF# 892
Sgt Maj (ret) 2nd KY Vols 1812 era
Lt (ret) Rogers Rangers F&I
Booshway 2021Thundercreek Rendevous

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com