Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Barracks

My Schofield is here! Gearing up...

(1/4) > >>

Tuolumne Lawman:
My New Uberti Schofield arrived today at the gun shop where I work part time.  Because of Commiefornia's draconian laws, though, I can not even start the 10 day jail until June 25th.  We can only buy/register one pistol every 30 days, and I just replaced my S&W M&P Shield 40 with a Shield 9 two weeks ago, so I have to wait... ??? ??? ???

I already have a canvas/leather Model 1876 prairie belt, with a three hook type Eagle belt plate added to it, but I really like the Fairweather Christian belts more.  Today I got ahold of David Carrico and ordered one of his Fairweather Christian belts with an 1874 "US" belt plate and canvas cartridge loops.  I have had his gear before, and really love his work. 

I already have a "What Price Glory" 1881 holster I used for my 1872 Open Top with my Prairie belt.  I much prefer the half flaps to the earlier full flap 1872 holsters.

smoke:
Nice.  Too bad about such a blatant infringement on your 2A rights. >:(

I have one of David C's Fairweather Christian belts also.  They are really nice, you will like it.

Who made your 1876?  I have one by WPG.  It is pretty nice but is the buckle style, not a belt plate. 

Tuolumne Lawman:
I don't remember who made it.  I got it the better part of 20 years ago. It may have been an old Navy Arms one. It had a  different buckle on it, but I put a three hook eagle belt plate on it about 15 years ago. This is the kind of buckle it had:

You can see where I took off the buckle, cut the long end of the belt end, added that leather on the buckle end with 3 copper rivets, and used the Eagle three hook plate in middle.

The loops are not quite right.  You have to load up five or six loops, then skip a loop, and so on, unless you are really skinny! LOL ;D ;D ;D. They used a double layer canvas loop instead of a single like the originals I have seen.

It is a cool belt, though. I use it as my SASS belt about half the time....

Advertising:

Major 2:
I've known David 35 years or so , bought lots of his Cavalry tack back in my mounted Cavalry reenactment days.
 I have some of his holsters,  all first rate equipment.

Tuolumne Lawman:
Have I mentioned I love my Schofield!  Have not shot it yet, but started loading 230 grain RN 45 ACP bullets over 5.0 grains of Trail Boss.  Good thump, and a close duplicate of the original round.  (In my .45 Colt 1872 Open Tops. I have been loading a 200 grain bullet over 5.5 grains TB).

Its maiden voyage will be at a local match on the 18th in two weeks.  Paired it up with my 1977 vintage Colt 1873 Single action Army and my 1894 Century Limited .44-40.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version