CAS TOPICS > Gun Reviews

Rifle Recommendation in 45LC

<< < (2/9) > >>

DeaconKC:
I just picked up a Uberti 1866 in .45 Colt, it runs right but has not seen Match use yet. My little Rossi 92 in .45 runs great, totally reliable and fast handling.

River City John:
If it's a consideration to you, the Big Boy Henry is not a historical copy.

ira scott:

--- Quote from: River City John on February 11, 2021, 12:04:35 PM ---If it's a consideration to you, the Big Boy Henry is not a historical copy.

--- End quote ---
Not as historical copy, so not NCOWS legal.
And the Japchester (Miroku) 1873 is also on the NCOWS Unapproved List, if that matters at all. My wife, The Lovely Miss Theresa has used an Uberti 1873 in .45 Colt for at least a dozen years and it has provided nothing but satisfactory results. If I was going to subject a rifle to a diet of heavy loads, the 1894 Marlin would be my choice,  but I am an 1873 guy for Cowboy loads.

A bit more trivia you didn't ask for:  There was an interesting article in Winter Issue of Shootist Magazine,  by Del Warren concerning the use of the "Long Colt" designation.  The article shares some historical facts and the opinions of Mike Venturino, Elmer Keith and others. There WAS in the past a short .45 Colt cartridge which is referred to in Cartridges of the World as the .45 Colt Government.
.45 Colt headstamp and rim diameter with Schofield length case.

B.N.Scotty

Tequila Shooter:
I shoot both a Marlin and a ‘73 both in .45c and loading 200gr RNFP with APP.  IMHO the Marlin is easier, and takes less time to clean than the ‘73.  Even with annealed cases the carrier on the ‘73 gets too dirty for me not to take it out and clean it well (maybe I’m OCD about it).  YMMV

Cliff Fendley:

--- Quote from: Tequila Shooter on February 11, 2021, 04:05:39 PM ---I shoot both a Marlin and a ‘73 both in .45c and loading 200gr RNFP with APP.  IMHO the Marlin is easier, and takes less time to clean than the ‘73.  Even with annealed cases the carrier on the ‘73 gets too dirty for me not to take it out and clean it well (maybe I’m OCD about it).  YMMV

--- End quote ---

you need a 44-40. I'm OCD about keeping my guns clean and I don't have to take the action apart on my 73s but every couple years or so and really don't need it then.

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version