Author Topic: July 4th, Independence Day  (Read 791 times)

Offline SgtRickHenry

• NCOWS Member
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
July 4th, Independence Day
« on: July 02, 2020, 11:26:59 PM »
This coming Saturday will be July 4th, also known as Independence Day.  Nowadays, most folks just think of it as a long, holiday weekend off from work, a time for cookouts, BBQs, and fireworks.  For the Founding Fathers of our country, it was anything but, and the fireworks they faced, were very real.  The members of the Continental Congress who signed our Declaration of Independence, did so at great risk to their personal safety, and that of their families.  The threat of being hanged for treason against the king, was also very real.  Many of them were later hunted personally by the British.  Many had to flee their homes, to survive in the wilderness and some of them never saw their children again. 

Today, England is our closest ally. While we enjoy the celebration of this holiday, especially for myself, since it is also my birthday, I hope the individual sacrifices made by those who gave everything they had, including their lives, for our country and for freedom, will also be remembered.

With best wishes for a meaningful July 4th, I remain,

Yr. obt. svt.,

Sgt. R. Henry, Marshal,
S. C. Old West Shootists
Sgt. R. Henry, Marshal
S.C. Old West Shootists
An NCOWS Posse

NCOWS, SASS, & NRA Life
Fly Navy, Support Your Local Police

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com