Author Topic: zenith tedna c12c double trigger hammerless coach gun  (Read 5557 times)

Offline murbas

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
zenith tedna c12c double trigger hammerless coach gun
« on: January 23, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
is anyone familiar with the tedna c12c hammerless coach gun in 12ga, with 18.5 "barrels? the gun looks real good on the outside, with chrome lined  steel blued barrels, nd case hardened receiver and sideplates. also has some nice looking turkish walnut stocks, and hand guards.

Offline Jack Straw

• Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #1562
  • Liked:
Re: zenith tedna c12c double trigger hammerless coach gun
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:48:13 AM »
I, too, am interested in these guns.  I'm going to switch to a hammerless shotgun so these look like a possible choice.    There is one available in my neck of the woods so I'll be going for a look-see and might buy it.   I'll report back if it happens.

Offline Jack Straw

• Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #1562
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 03:30:31 PM »
Today I looked at a new Zenith coach gun that had a nice action job including beveled and polished chambers.   The overall fit and finish just screams quality and care.  It took me about 3 minutes to decide to buy it.  The shop had some very nice Baikal coach guns with action work that were about $100 less dough than the Zenith but I like trying something different so the choice was easy.

My last two cowboy doubles were Cimarron 1878 hammer guns.  The first one was pretty good right out of the box although it was ugly as a mud fence and really heavy.  The second example was truly awful in both finish and function and is going to cost about $200 to make right.

I'll use the Zenith in a match in a couple of weeks and I'll post my impressions.   In the meantime I'd urge anyone who is interested in these gorgeous guns to check them out.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:19:05 PM »

Offline Oregon Bill

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 153
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 10:58:33 AM »
Jack, what did you conclude after using the Zenith?

Offline Jack Straw

• Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #1562
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »
Oregon Bill,

Sorry it took me so long to read your post, just saw it today.

I'm very happy with the Tedna.  It's my first hammerless cowboy shotgun in a quite a while.  It points well and the 18" bbls. feel really quick.

It is a little harder to open than an SKB but I simply grasp the bbl. a couple inches further out and that extra leverage does the trick.
The gorgeous case hardened butt plate needed the edges beveled a bit.....it would bite.   Other than these minor gripes that are mostly a matter of gettin' used to I'm quite pleased.

I bought mine from Johnny Meadows in Camp Verde, Arizona and he did a very nice action job with beveled chambers before I used it.

I doubt they will sell many as it seems CAS types tend to be leery of anything new but I like it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com