Author Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc.  (Read 48907 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
mmmmm  Guacamole'    ;)

truth is , I probably would never buy one....  But,  and here is the BIG BUT ....

I never said, " you could not give me one "  I did not actually enter a drawing per se.

I was automatically entered when I volunteered for Ladies Day at the range.

I'm a steel & wood composition fan by choice .... aside from (you'll forgive me) one deviation,  the M4 I bought cause there are those that would say  you can't !  >:(
I desire 0, none, zilch alloy & polymer guns....

buy one  ???   gimme one ? whole different subject ,  My momma raised no fool ....no gift horse is oral examined either..... :D

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

All the Glock jokes aside. They were good ones too.  You won't go wrong with a model 17 for personal protection.  I have shoot about 500 rounds between cleanings on mine.  Shoots everything i stick in the magazine including reloads. I shoota 1911 too but the glock and two magizines is a box of ammo. .

Yeah, but like Priuses, they are so much fun to make fun of because half the people who own them are very thin skinned.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Priuses is one of several things I probably said " you couldn't give me one to own "

A Glock for many is all that a gun should be...LEO's swear by them.
Not sure I'll keep it, part of me say's it's cool to have one, another part say's pay it forward toward something I'd rather have.

problem is there's way more " something's I'd rather have "   :-\

Advertising

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Evening all. 

Major, I'd go with a 43 (I think that's the 9mm version?).  Of all the Glock models, it's the only one I considered carrying over my Beretta when I worked at the gun shop and had my choice of carry guns.  Less clunky, and it has a grip very similar to the Colt Mustangs.  Resale value on the 42/43s is higher than on the other models, too (here in Ca, where the only ones available are used, they'll bring in $900 + easy. :o   Rest of the world, they seem to run 10-15% higher used value )

Had an interesting day today.

To start with, my alarm didn't go off, so I got a call from my boss at 6:30 asking if I was coming in.  I was supposed to be in at 6.  Then, I get home and immediately have to cut and load into my truck almost a cord of wood.  Not just any wood, but green, twisty, springy apple wood.    Then my brother and I drove to the city in 30mph cross wind while 2"of rain came down. 

We unloaded the wood and ran some errands, then came back home.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Thanks for the impute TK.....the 43 is not my cup, great Conceal carry gun and highly desirable.
However, CC is not my 1st. criteria , the 43 is also too small in my hand to shoot in 9mm.
AND the big clincher....It's not on Glock's  Give-a-way list  :-X it's not one I can choose....
Gen 3's (4's (minor up-grade price ) .380 , 9mm , 40 Cal , 45ACP and 45GAP , I can get MOS (up-grade price) or the Comp. Models.

9mm is my choice going in....  

Having now, digested and shot ( a M 19 & M17 ) Oakridge Gun Store & indoor range will let you try their different models .
Just buy some 9mm Ammo from them and some range time, and they have loaners in the Models you are interested in buying.

The M17 Gen. 4  was my best shooter, I went in leaning toward the Commander sized M19 in Gen. 4 .
But, it tended to constrict my fat hand..... Coming out
The M17 felt the best, shot for me the best group ( better grip ),  control and return to POA.  

I'll pass on the MOS $207.00 upgrade ....and the $142.00 upgrade G34 Comp. model.    

A Gen. 3 is no upgrade cost,  but I like the Gen.4 better & it also includes a 3rd Mag. in the Box  (Gen. 3 has 2 Mags. )
and the price of a new Mag is about $25-28 bucks retail.

So mine will be a M17 Gen. 4 ,  my Gen. 4 upgrade is  $35+tax @2.45 = $37.45 out of pocket

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 39 and sprinkling. "Cloudy. Light rain in the morning. Highs in the lower 50s. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Morning all.

Sounds like a good deal then, Major.  ;D  Now if only I could win that drawing for a Kimber Adirondack in 6.5 Creed the R&G club has going.  Comes with a Vortex 3-10x scope, too.  ::)

Long day at work today.  Have to work normal hours this morning, then make up tomorrow's hours tonight.  I had two days off this week for Easter, but still had to make the same number of hours as a five day week.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Off all day today, got off at 4 yesterday and don't have to be back till 3 tomorrow. 

Waiting on plumber to replace gas valve for the kitchen stove, new stove on Monday, probally could have done it myself but never worked much with gas piping, worth the $100 to be sure.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
No work today, had an appointment with the Roto-Router Doc :P Clean out was the pits( as usual). Didn't get off scott free this time, one polyp( removed, appeared benign.Biopsy will finalize). Upper section is inflamed,probably IBS. Still a little woozy yet, but at least I can EAT now ::) :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Short day at verk only 8.5 hours.  ::) Have been verking 9 - 12 hour days for the last week.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
I carry a G22 (40 cal) at work one in the pipe full mag plus 2 mags on my belt.
Carry my 1911 cocked and locked Wilson mag loaded, and a few extra mags with in reach .when i am off and sometimes during holiday workdays.  Church i carry a Ruger .357 no reloads till i get back to my truck. Depending on what i am wearing on a given day. Haven't shot my Baretta but one time. Too much work to clean.  

Go back to work tomorrow evening
Then work over night both Sat and Sunday
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Roo, since you brought it up.... the (my) Glock choice was not made on a carry plan...
This my first and more than likely only one....
For CC I'm carrying a Nickel Mod. 36 Smith in a pocket holster, woods walking I belt holster a 1911.
IWB has never been viewed comfortable in my opinion, having tried to a few times.

I preferred  a Shooter as opposed to compact carry so the Glock 26 did not appeal ( I handled one )

So my decision was, 9mm going in , full size .... that was either the 17 or the 19 .... with the 19 being my front runner...
After shooting,  a 3rd Gen 19 , 4th Gen. 19 & a 4th. Gen. 17.
I like both Gen 4's , but at the EOD I had one choice ...the 17 felt & shot the best in my hands.

Well, I know this the "morning coffee chat line"  so, I'll put on a pot,  toast some Eggo Waffles, and shud-up  about Plastic Guns.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Feeling somewhat better this morning. Have the kingdom all to myself today, off this weekend.can't do the leg circ. pills until Sunday, though ::) :P

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 31 and sunny. High of 56.

Slim

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Afternoon Y'all,
Major, don't worry about subject matter in the coffee/Tea threads,It's a catch all for just about anything you want to talk about,New guns,kids/grandkids,old guns.weather,new old guns,any and all good meals,and of course guns and anything gun related... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Guns is guns,M2. Plastic, historic, or not. we all have our preferences. Wheel guns are mine, along with lever long guns ::) ;)

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 472
The only plastic gun I own is a Glock 22 (.40 S&W).

I have a new (to me) 1911. It's a real tack driver, as long as the tack is low and to the left . . .

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Verked 12 days straight. 60 hours this week.  ::)

My carry gun is a RIA 1911 compact in .45 ACP.

Slim

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
My carry gun lately has been a Ruger SR9c,Shoots great, easy to carry,doesn't hurt my back when I carry it all day.The other one I carry is a S&W 342 pd,Airlight Ti in .38 special
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Coffee's is up.....enjoy & ponder this ...

Below is general profile of armed robbery, it's sorta vague and somewhat a  "Duh" listing  ( Female/Male 25-75 that's just about everybody outside of a nursing home  ::) ) from  the National Criminal Justice Reference Service.  

type of victim—individual (person) Female or Male
Victim age - 25-75
number of offenders—single, pair, or
 group  more than 1 offender.
time of day—night (6 pm–5:59 am) darkness
offenders age—25 years and younger

relationship victim/offender—unknown
motivation—cash focused
weapon—knife, firearm, bar/bat/blunt, opportunistic, syringe, mixed weapons, other...
weapon used—harm, threaten.....

I offer it, only to say at my (our) age , I'm no longer the almighty, invincible, agile young buck I once "thought" I was  ::)

I carry, cause
A. I can
B. I might be considered an easy mark (see above)

I carry this , at threat distance I'm proficient with it, simple, reliable. It's bit heaver and only 5 rounds, but it is 5, 38 Special Critical Defense rounds.

Then there is this ( Travel (car) or Woods (walk) ...  here is were the Glock may get some holster time, remains to be seen.  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com