Author Topic: Grip types  (Read 2928 times)

Offline BlaiseNSaddles

  • Top Active Citizen
  • *
  • Posts: 164
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Grip types
« on: October 25, 2005, 07:53:27 PM »
OK I admit it - I am a bit confused over Ruger terminology.

I see Old Model frame, New Model frame, XM-3 frame and XM-3 red frame.

So the new Vaqueros have the XM-3 frame is this similar to the old frame?

What did the just now previous Vaqueros have the XM-3 red

Offline Mustang Gregg

  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • *
  • Posts: 1992
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Grip types
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 07:03:33 AM »

We just talkin' grip frames?   ???  I recollect the XR-3 is the Single Six frame too.

You're right.  There have been a whole passel of 'em---
Don't fergit the other grip frames---Super Blackhawk, Bisley, Birdshead, etc.
But I recollect most all of 'em have the same screw placin' (common to all).

I will get the info & get back on the forum after work tonight.

Gotta fly!

Mustang Gregg
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!

Offline Galloway

  • Top Active Citizen
  • *
  • Posts: 482
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Grip types
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 07:04:56 AM »
The new vaqueros have the XR3 grip which is all steel and very close to that of the Colt and replicas. The old vaqueros have the XR3- red which is a little bigger and more comfortable to some. The current blackhawks use an aluminum XR3-red but old vaqueros and super blackhawks have an all steel XR3-red.


SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2021