Author Topic: 1873 30 inch conundrum.  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Re: 1873 30 inch conundrum.
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2024, 07:24:45 PM »
The story of my too long barreled 1873 continues. I’ve sent it back to Cody Conagher to rechamber it to 45acp. He's had it for 3 weeks so I called him yesterday and the lifter is out getting CNC work done. I should get it back in a couple more weeks. He’s already cut and set the barrel back and rehung the forarm. But before you guys start warming the tar and getting feather pillows hear me out. I’m doing it for the children, no I'm not. I'm doing it so I can use small primer 45acp brass instead of large primer 45colt brass, that’s all. I’m down to 3000 large pistol primers but I’ve got 8000 small rifle primers. No small pistol primers as these were traded for large last year. This mod allows me to stretch my large primers a little farther. I guess that i could have bought 6 bricks of large pistol primers if I could find any but this solution works too. I like 45acp and most of the guns I have are 45acp anyway. I already load 255 gr swc lead boolits into 45schofield for my 73 carbine and 94 Trapper. I need to try loading some in 45acp brass before it returns. Pictures, shooting it and the resulting targets soon. Spending my son’s inheritance.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com