Regional Topics > Texas

old west camping

(1/2) > >>

cowboy_paul:
I have a friend who does mountain man/ rendezvous reenacting and she was showing me pictures of her teepee and how they all camp out for the weekend, and I've heard of CAS/SASS/NCOWS members discussing old styles of tents, cots, rope beds and bedrolls,  so my question is, how common is it for people to camp out at events, especially here in Texas?

Major 2:
The anaual NCOWS National has period camping, and sets a nice area.

Most monthy events are one day afairs , though the Berger Sharpshootes (Texas) have the multi day SW Regional next month...

TwoWalks Baldridge:
For my own self, I have an 18ft Tipi and I love it when camping for a week or more.  For one night camping primitive, I throw my bed roll on the ground and enjoy the night sky.

Advertising:

Shotgun Franklin:
There is an old story about a young Texas Cowboy. He quit working at a Ranch because the foreman told him to throw his bedroll under the Chuck Wagon because it was going to rain. He said he couldn't work in such a confining job. (Likely not a direct quote).

pony express:
Don't know about Texas, but there will be period camping at the GAF Grand Muster in KS next month. Come on up, don't HAVE to have a uniform or military rifle, cowboy stuff is welcome too! Got to have some civilian scouts along, you know!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version