Author Topic: Its' September! just 16 more Sundays to Christmas  (Read 8882 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Its' September! just 16 more Sundays to Christmas
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2022, 11:39:20 AM »
On August 28th we had contact with a person who tested positive on September 2nd. We isolated until September 8th. We both tested negative thru the isolation period. Maybe that was it.

From what I’ve read in the journals, it seems that the mRNA type vaccines can reduce the immune system response to the virus for up to 3 days post-injection while the body figures itself out. So it’s possible that you may have had an exposure during that time.

My wife had it exactly a year ago this week. While her symptoms were pretty bad (fever of 102+, incessant cough, sniffles, nausea etc), and she was bedridden for most of a week, I ended up with just some minor sniffles. I had two Moderna shots ending in April of last year, so I figure that was the difference.  Hope you have a speedy recovery.

In other news, the heavens have opened and rain has found the Missoula valley. Too bad it’s not rifle season for deer right now, or I’d be out to fill the freezer.  ::)

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2022, 12:15:53 PM »
I had my 4th one in May at the rehab hospital, had it between the 2nd and 3rd last October, had pee monia, bronco stuff the rino thing, no not the political one, cough syncope and 2 or three others I don't remember the name of all since July 2020.  Fired my "nomanary Dr in March, me and the Drs all decided since I'm already tapped in I will go to UNMC (still ain't used to the Nebraska Medicine handle. Drs all want me to just go to the ER with those things, the lunger Drs office last I knew still still wants to do it by phone like the Jetsons, when my Drs wrinkle their nose when you mention them it's time to rethink. 

Got a nerosurgon one today, see what we can do about that silly ass nerve. 

The human body is a wonderous machine but has some flaws. It runs the main power cable for the rear end out a small hole with no insulation. ::)   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2022, 08:29:10 PM »
Howdy from Texas everyone. Down here at Comin at Cha and about cooked Medium Well today, hit 97. Tomorrows supposed to be a little better, but lookie out for Saturday when it is predicted 97! Anyway, y'all be good.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 06:04:59 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2022, 07:35:55 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 32 and partly sunny. First frost of the season. High of 60.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2022, 08:38:19 AM »
On Tuesday the 27th, we host a Congressional Gold Medal recipient's award ceremony.
Governor DeSantis, US Congressman Darren Soto will officiate.
Big doings for our humble Museum, we are pushing completion of several new exhibits...

when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2022, 10:11:53 PM »
On Tuesday the 27th, we host a Congressional Gold Medal recipient's award ceremony.
Governor DeSantis, US Congressman Darren Soto will officiate.
Big doings for our humble Museum, we are pushing completion of several new exhibits...
Sounds like a great event.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2022, 06:06:24 AM »
My wife and I received the third Covid booster shot this past Monday. She tested positive on Tuesday. I tested positive this morning. So far, the effects are relatively mild, sort of like a head cold. From what I've read getting a Booster shot is not supposed to make you test positive. We live in a 55+ community and received the shots at our theater. We were one of the few wearing masks?

I talked to John yesterday, "his wife is feeling better",
We didn't talk long because
 he is getting along with raspy cough and sore throat; he still has his taste & sense of smell though.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2022, 06:18:02 AM »
Morning y'all.

Rained earlier.

Men's breakfast at church. Then trip to "toy" store. Then trip to Appleton looking for new boots.

'Tis 50 and cloudy. "Patchy fog in the morning. Cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2022, 06:19:17 AM »
Here are a few handmade props I made and added to my WW1 & Trench exhibit.

Trench ladder, replica periscope (from an original), period rations - hard bread - bully beef can & Red Cross tea ration & a replica hand painted MINEN (mines) scull & cross bones warning sign (from a period photo)

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2022, 06:32:50 AM »
one more, from the suggestion by Delmonico  :)

Adding barbed wire entanglements over the sandbags today

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2022, 11:18:48 AM »
Looking good Major! Well, shot decently yesterday, temps were in the upper 80s and we had a breeze, so not too bad. Today, well, that's another story. We will start at 2pm and it is supposed to hit 97-98 today. Taking along a cooler with Gatorades in it! Picked up a little Rossi 92 yesterday, been looking for one for a while for my g'nieces and g'nephew to learn on.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2022, 12:42:35 PM »
one more, from the suggestion by Delmonico  :)

Adding barbed wire entanglements over the sandbags today

In the book All Quiet on the Western Front Paul talks about raiding Allied trenches for the corned beef.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2022, 01:12:22 PM »
OK up date on things, Thursday I met with the neurosurgeon and we went over MRI's as I knew already I still have a small pocket of something down around where the sciatic nerve comes out, maybe infection, maybe some sort of damage caused a build up.   He sent me to get x-rays standing, bending over and bending backward to see if they were still properly attached.  Went to his office and we looked them over, good shape on that.  OK the plan is to go in and remove any infection and debris and free up the nerve, simple scope work, actually out patient if no surprises.  If things things go good my back should feel better than it has in over 20 years.  We do have to run the plan by heart Dr next week but we see no problems there. 

First date available was Oct 4 second Oct 23, I took the 23rd because on the 4th either Gopher Grease or Wymore Wrangle will pick me up or maybe on the 3rd, if the 3rd I will sleep on GG's coach, headed early morning on the 4th to cook for a home school group at RCS.  My buddy Norton may bring his wagon from OK< still up in the air.  If he comes they'll get me on the 4th if not then the 3rd and I will sit on a chair and point at what we need and it will be loaded.  IV people have said if still on picc line on the 3rd they will remove pump and cap the bag and hook back up on the 5th.  Neurosurgeon who has been on this since that day they carried me out in May and infectous disease people agree the extra 2 weeks will not be a big deal since I am no longer in danger of dieing from it, a mental health day like that before the winter sets in pretty much trapping me inside is worth waiting the extra 2 weeks if I'm willing.  I had to cancel my gathering last weekend due to myself and someone else's health problems and the price of gas.

Am working on taking a big step that could make me money but if it don't work will only cost me a few dollars.  Been doing a little research and if I post my cooking documents as a forward from that goup of mine I can count the people that opened them and read them.   Very interesting because the simpler ones get the most hits sometimes but not always.  The one that surprised me is the one I posted on 3 groups Thursdqay a little bit before noon, baked mac and cheese in a dutch oven, at noon yesterday it had 1100 opened it up and read it or at least looked at the picture. m Doing some proof reading and hope by next weekend to have several up, not going to saturate at first.   Cost it only 20 cents to put it up for down load, one time fee on each .  They take only 5% and pay when they sell each one, can use bank account, Pay Pal or reloadable Visa, the way I'm going to go, wife said I can have a $25 dollars to see if it works, I'll just skip the cashews and I have plenty of coffee yet so will not have to dig in to other stuff.  Maybe I'll play sick and let her go to Costco by herself. ;D   We will see, I'm planning on $5 one each recipe document less than a lot of recipe stuff but sometimes it's best to sell more for less money because the bottom line looks better.  we will see.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2022, 07:03:29 PM »
Wire entanglements .....

I may need a trench,  CAT 4 headed this way  ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2022, 07:59:20 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 50 and overcast. "Blustery. Cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning  then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »
Well got home today about 3pm. Lots of construction, but trip was okay. Shot slow [as always] but did finish, and not even in last place. Good to see the Lady I love. It was gonna be 06 again at the Bar 3, tomorrow here at home 81! Man, that is gonna feel SO good.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2022, 06:58:46 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 40 and cloudy. High of 58 and blustery.

Slim

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2022, 10:25:44 AM »
Good mornin to you all! 70 here right now, supposed to be 81 and sunny today! Will finish unloading the truck today, looking forward to a cooler week! Will be great for reloading and working on a model railroad track on the back porch. Prayers for you friends.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2022, 08:07:39 PM »
Evening all.

Warm one in the Missoula valley today, mid 70s. I spent my morning testing and retesting my latest invention. Unfortunately it’s nothing new, but it might be something the yuppies will buy (to use Del’s coined phrase), and I’m always happy to take money. ::) If you’re wondering, it’s a wax product.

Y’all keep dry and warm out there.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2022, 07:20:25 AM »
NOT GOOD not good, conditions turn for the worst...
Ian now as a CAT 3 on shore somewhere below Tampa, that puts Johnny McCrae - John Saffran and his wife
right in the thick of it, as they recover from Covid.
Please take an extra few moment and have good thoughts and prayers for them and all on west coast. 

l also will be looking at both barrels, as it travels up and then stalls over my area  :(
I went to bed last night thinking hoping the track was west of Central Florida.
But as I well know never speculate, expect the worst hope for the best.  ::)
the next 3 days will be unknown, but hellishly bad.

GOOD luck to all, see you on the back slide... :)  over and out !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com