Author Topic: Form a NCOWS Posse  (Read 84647 times)

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Form a NCOWS Posse
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »
TwoWalks,

PM Books O'Toole and he will send you a guide booklet on forming a posse!  He's the go to guy on this!  There is no equipment requirements and we have at least 1 posse that does old west reenactments.  You will eventually need targets and a timer, but they are not required to start a posse.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 04:36:47 PM »
TwoWalks,

PM Books O'Toole and he will send you a guide booklet on forming a posse!  He's the go to guy on this!  There is no equipment requirements and we have at least 1 posse that does old west reenactments.  You will eventually need targets and a timer, but they are not required to start a posse.

Bob, can not locate Books O'Toole to send a PM.  Is there an email address?

When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »
TwoWalks, if you look up the thread about 4 posts above yours you will see who Books is. Here is his e-mail. anastasiasbooks@comcast.net

Good luck on starting the posse. From the rules it doesn't appear to be that hard. Sure would like to hear that you got one going in your neck of the woods. It's great to find others who share the same interest you have. Check local gun shows and gun shops and see if they mind you posting some adverts on NCOWS and a posse. I know the NCOWS site has a few documents you can download and hand out that explain what NCOWS is all about. That should help you get them interested.  ;D
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 06:12:43 AM »

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »
Okay...

I have asjked this on another thread, but feel that it is worth dicussing here too...

I am a member of the 'Florida Cracker Cow Calvalry', as was my namesake, the original Wadd Watson Ellis. Barring a vacation that overlaps a shoot, I will probably never get to indulge with them, but still want to keep up active membership.

My question for the group is, can I be members of two possis (sp?) at once?

Thanks!

BTW, If you have already ansered the question in theat 'other thread', I am just about to look in my 'new replies to my posts' ... So thanks!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 03:06:52 AM »
WWE,

Yes, you can be a member of two posses.  You must declare one as your primary posse and you will count for insurance purposes for that one only!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »
Florida Cracker Cow Cavalry  ;)

when planets align...do the deal !

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »
TwoWalks, if you look up the thread about 4 posts above yours you will see who Books is. Here is his e-mail. anastasiasbooks@comcast.net

Good luck on starting the posse. From the rules it doesn't appear to be that hard. Sure would like to hear that you got one going in your neck of the woods. It's great to find others who share the same interest you have. Check local gun shows and gun shops and see if they mind you posting some adverts on NCOWS and a posse. I know the NCOWS site has a few documents you can download and hand out that explain what NCOWS is all about. That should help you get them interested.  ;D

Thanks RickB, now I see why I could not locate Books.  I was searching for "Books O'Toole" not Books OTool ... no ' in it, so no return.  ;D

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »

Maybe Books is just punctuationally challenged.   ;D
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2011, 12:32:48 PM »

Maybe Books is just punctuationally challenged.   ;D

Drinking coffee ... Reading posts ... very bad for computer   ;D

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2011, 04:06:18 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Crackers.  ;)
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »
I guess that is why my minster just hangs his head in resignation ... I try but I never really get those two words correct ... Cavalry and Calvary ... been hanging around too may sky pilots perhaps ...

But I think I would be closer if I just plead poor grammar .... 'course my grampa wasn't that rich either ... sorry, it just snuck out ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »
Two Walks,

I just tried to send you a PM ... but the website said that you don't exist .... LOL

NCOWS #3403

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2011, 05:12:05 AM »
I guess that is why my minster just hangs his head in resignation ... I try but I never really get those two words correct ... Cavalry and Calvary ... been haning around too may sky pilots perhaps ...

But I think I would be closer if I just plead poor grammar .... 'course my grampa wasn't that rich either ... sorry, it just snuck out ....

;D  don't worry..... I can't spell either  ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »
Two Walks,

I just tried to send you a PM ... but the website said that you don't exist .... LOL

Wadd, just got a PM delivered to my box.  sent too:   "Flap Jack"

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2011, 11:56:17 AM »
Two Walks,

I give up on PMs ... I'll have to try Flap Jack later ... the gist of it is that we ar both CentraL CA people, and if we wanted to start an NCOWs club we would just need three more  .... and I am guessing that with all the people iin californiagunslingers.com there is sure to be three more people who would be intersted in being dual members like us .....and I would help back you up ....if you are interested ...

NCOWS #3403

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »
Two Walks,

I give up on PMs ... I'll have to try Flap Jack later ... the gist of it is that we ar both CentraL CA people, and if we wanted to start an NCOWs club we would just need three more  .... and I am guessing that with all the people iin californiagunslingers.com there is sure to be three more people who would be intersted in being dual members like us .....and I would help back you up ....if you are interested ...

I have a friend that is also interested in starting a posse.  Actually we only need 3 and 5 by the end of the year.  From what I can tell to actually hold events and too get a posse to run smoothly we are looking at about 12 +. 

Offline Matthew Duncan

• Cutter’s Raiders# 13
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 23189
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 06:00:41 PM »
Northern Indiana (Etna Green) the Murderi'n Horse Thieves are working to get a posse together.

7 met this past Sunday to get orgainzed and then shot 5 stages to get the what fors figured out.

Figuring the Sunday after the first Saturday of every month at noon.  Hope to have a web site up by the end of this week and NCOWS affiliation soon.
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »

Sounds great, Matthew. We look forward to welcoming you good folks into the outfit. Let us know if we can assist in any way.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Bugscuffle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »
I just sent a P.M. to Shotgun Franklin, but just in case it doesn't get through woulkd someone, anyone please contact me aboiut starting an NCOWS affiliate in San Antonio.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2012, 02:24:12 PM »
Matthew and Bugscuffle, Sure be good to have you all. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com