Author Topic: 1866 & 1873 Miroku Winchesters  (Read 381 times)

Offline Yakima Red

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15539
  • NCOWS #: 1169
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1866 & 1873 Miroku Winchesters
« on: December 18, 2023, 05:33:33 PM »
Howdy. Have been away from NCOWS for some time now. Too long a story as to why. I have been in the CAS game for many, many moons. While considering the situation, I thought I would explore the Tally book. Catch up I said, get back to the fold. ;D

I noticed that the 1866 & 1873 Miroku Winchesters are not allowed. I surmise that it is due to the modern "safety" do-hickys and such. Anything else I need to know? I have plenty of others that qualify for the game. Awaiting your earliest reply,

I remain,

Yakima Red
Director, Colters Hell Justice Committee WSAS.
Wyoming Single Action Shooters.
SASS, NCOWS, NRA Life Endowment.
Certified NRA Firearms Instructor.
2008 NRA Wyoming volunteer of the year.
Creator of miracles.
"Let us then...under God, trust our cause to our swords. ~Samuel Adams

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: 1866 & 1873 Miroku Winchesters
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 06:21:53 PM »

:) Hey there Yakima  ;)

Major issue for the Miroku built Winchester Replicants isn't the odd "safety Do-Hickys."  The major objection is the Lever Throw of the Miroku built guns.  The glitterati of NCOWS considers the shorter lever throw of the Miroku product to be "Short Stroked" even though it's Miroku OEM.  This applies to Miroku 1866s and 1873s.  I have seen no objections to the '92s to date. 

For Toggle Link rifles, you're limited to Uberti and Henry USA replicants.  Welcome back by the way.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 919
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 08:01:31 AM »
"The glitterati of NCOWS considers the shorter lever throw of the Miroku product to be "Short Stroked" even though it's Miroku OEM."

Well that's dumb. And there's the problem with shooting organizations.  They can't help themselves from "rule making" which most always makes things worse, not better.

OK,I'll go crawl back under my rock
Dave

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:24:10 AM »

Offline Yakima Red

• NCOWS Member
  • Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15539
  • NCOWS #: 1169
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 09:10:23 AM »
Thanks Gents! I absolutely love the rifle, I'll just come play with the legal arms in the stable. I like those also. As for the rules, I get it. It is easy to have a run-away. "If they can do that, then why can't I......" ::)

Does NCOWS still publish the "Shootist"? I have many copies that go back to the very early 2000's. A friend of mine passed that was featured on a cover. I'm putting together a scrap book of the groups exploits and thought, "I need to get back." I raise my glass to the boys who came before and did it right. We worked really hard at having fun. ;D
Director, Colters Hell Justice Committee WSAS.
Wyoming Single Action Shooters.
SASS, NCOWS, NRA Life Endowment.
Certified NRA Firearms Instructor.
2008 NRA Wyoming volunteer of the year.
Creator of miracles.
"Let us then...under God, trust our cause to our swords. ~Samuel Adams

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 09:52:57 AM »

:) We're from the government and We're Here to Help  :o

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 09:55:16 AM »
Thanks Gents! I absolutely love the rifle, I'll just come play with the legal arms in the stable. I like those also. As for the rules, I get it. It is easy to have a run-away. "If they can do that, then why can't I......" ::)

Does NCOWS still publish the "Shootist"? I have many copies that go back to the very early 2000's. A friend of mine passed that was featured on a cover. I'm putting together a scrap book of the groups exploits and thought, "I need to get back." I raise my glass to the boys who came before and did it right. We worked really hard at having fun. ;D

The first part of your post is true - I have seen too much of the “if I can do that, then why not this” in my years as Judge.

The Shootist is still published quarterly, the next issue is in February I think.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com