Author Topic: 2020 is hindsight, January Coffee thread.  (Read 27528 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 2020 is hindsight, January Coffee thread.
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2021, 05:41:41 PM »
Washoe County Nevada also has a drawing system for the general populace to receive the COVID vaccine.  Doing the eligible people by threat tiers, after Service techs of all sorts have been taken care of. 
Put in my app (as one of those over 70) last part of last week.  Got a notification I was selected on Friday.  Got first dose yesterday.  (The wife hasn’t been so lucky; she has to wait for the next batch.) :(
So far, I haven’t grown any abnormal appendages or had any overwhelming urges to turn liberal. ::)  Go in for the second dose in 3 weeks (maybe that’s the one that alter your political standing)!  If so someone shoot me for the Zombie I may have become! :o :o

I'm registered as of today I'm 1-C the wife is also but goes to 1-B in December.   

I'm tired of the extremist's on both sides, Santa should have delivered a lot of history and civics books for Christmas.  I am prouder every day as to have registered as an Independent from the Git Go and will never change so none of this on me as having voted what a party told me, I've always voted on my own thoughts and of course have done the right thing including sometimes not voting for either SOB to not give them an advantage.   I'm old, tired and grumpy and want both sides to just leave me the F alone.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2021, 06:11:49 PM »
Washoe County Nevada also has a drawing system for the general populace to receive the COVID vaccine.  Doing the eligible people by threat tiers, after Service techs of all sorts have been taken care of. 
Put in my app (as one of those over 70) last part of last week.  Got a notification I was selected on Friday.  Got first dose yesterday.  (The wife hasn’t been so lucky; she has to wait for the next batch.) :(
So far, I haven’t grown any abnormal appendages or had any overwhelming urges to turn liberal. ::)  Go in for the second dose in 3 weeks (maybe that’s the one that alter your political standing)!  If so someone shoot me for the Zombie I may have become! :o :o

If that's the case,  give credit where credit is due,  Trump got you the vaccine!!   If you grow an "extra appendage" please show for all to see!!!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2021, 07:32:26 PM »
On to more interesting things, got a FB request from a Ralph Crosby that looks a lot like our long lost Litl' Roo, I accepted of course. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 09:56:47 AM »

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2021, 08:05:00 PM »
Ok
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2021, 09:55:35 PM »
On to more interesting things, got a FB request from a Ralph Crosby that looks a lot like our long lost Litl' Roo, I accepted of course. ;)
Me too.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2021, 10:14:40 PM »
Me too.

Slim

Cool, nice to know the old phart is doing OK.   

Burgers for supper, rest of the 10 pounds went into Sloppy Joes I'm working on, probably have a couple later when done, rest is going in the ice box and will get back on 1 pounds each and vacuum sealed.   Rita and I feeling better and doing our own shopping were getting back to where we want, maybe a bit extra due to time and hating to go to the store, Lexie jokingly called me a food hoarder.  To be truthful we could eat, drink coffee and iced tea for a month before we needed supplies and could go longer but not as many choices, tea bags might run out but at the present rate the coffee would last till June.  Been buying the 2-3 pound whole beans at Cosco and putting in pint bags.  Have about 8 kinds to chose from and maybe 12-14 pounds total.   Don't like drinking the same kind for long times.

Got maybe 100 frozen Glen or Rita entries that just need popped in boiling water till hot.  Sure helps when we have a bad day, beats Door Dash crap in cost and quality.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2021, 07:09:46 AM »
Thanks for the Call Glen , good chat  glad to hear about  Roo , hope he gets back posting  here...

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2021, 07:17:45 AM »
Morning all.

I ain’t kicked the bucket yet. Spent yesterday driving the 2200 gallon tanker around town.

That’s about all from Montana.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2021, 07:42:03 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 24 and sunny. High of 35.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2021, 07:50:26 AM »
Took kid to school, may go lay back down a while, not sure, did a bunch of stuff around the house yesterday, may be a rest a bit more day, getting better and having more energy.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2021, 10:53:55 AM »
Going down to the Police station to register the new revolver and while out gonna pick up some nice red and yellow sweet peppers to slice for Chicken Fajitas.

Doctor's office called after my bloodwork yesterday with the results. He's putting me on an additional diabetes med. I guess sitting around in "social quarantine", taking too many trips to the refrigerator and cupboards, out of boredom or cabin fever, has elevated my A1C numbers a bit.

Expecting highs in the upper 40's today before a cold snap leading into the weekend. Flurries predicted, but no accumulation. Won't have to fire up the snowblower.

Enjoy the day.
RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »
Going down to the Police station to register the new revolver and while out gonna pick up some nice red and yellow sweet peppers to slice for Chicken Fajitas.

Doctor's office called after my bloodwork yesterday with the results. He's putting me on an additional diabetes med. I guess sitting around in "social quarantine", taking too many trips to the refrigerator and cupboards, out of boredom or cabin fever, has elevated my A1C numbers a bit.

Expecting highs in the upper 40's today before a cold snap leading into the weekend. Flurries predicted, but no accumulation. Won't have to fire up the snowblower.

Enjoy the day.
RCJ

Mine have went down since I found out about the problem, the weight hasn't but yet hasn't went up, so I monitor it for water retention and Heather says since the problem is my cooking and the blood numbers look good so not to worry about it.  Oldest daughter kinda yelled at me, thinks I go out to much, yeah 4-5 trips to the store a month, sorry I can't shop on line for groceries, tried that, half of what I want is not on line.   Got name on list for vaccinate so should be a little safer, not sure when though, they have to run the numbers and see where I fall.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2021, 12:12:07 PM »
There's a problem with your cooking? ;)  :P

What, too many whole ingredients and not enough additives?

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2021, 12:55:16 PM »
Bought a 10 pound tube of burger, sloppy joes are simmering as we speak, granddaughter don't like them (now listed as boomer food) so Rita and I will have to eat them.  OK tomorrow the left overs will be put in vacuum seal bags with enough for 5 in each one.   Rita made up 10 pounds of tators as scalloped potatoes and those are bagged, probably have 100 or more individual entree's ready to plop in a pot of boiling water for lazy nights.  Taco meat, different pasta and other things too, doing fried rice Sat and fried drum sticks, chicken butts were cheap, not talking about the 15 pound bag of rice I bought and repackaged.  Got maybe 5 pounds of coffee of different kinds in pint bags, open, grind put in pint jar and good for 3-4 days.  Different kind every few days.   Planned on doing that in 2019 but things went south, what we had was nice but had to do way too much door dash when we got home.  Even food from your favorite restaurant kinda sucks in the living room out of Styrofoam and off TV trays.   And it gets expensive, you know me, I can serve pretty dang good food for what a door dash McD's meal costs.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2021, 05:45:24 PM »
Going down to the Police station to register the new revolver...
Picture!

BTW, what is a cousin-brother?

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2021, 06:40:06 PM »
Batting 000 , ::)    1. County has no Vaccine, 2.  not taking any appointments on line, can't even get them on the phone, to get form.

3.  No Stimulus $600 as yet ...."SHE" got hers weeks ago , ( the first time around, last June they came together )

On the positive side , Penn bullets has shipped my 30 Mauser bullets.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2021, 07:14:50 PM »
This is what it looks like in the Montgomery Ward catalog.
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »
I had one just like it , it shot high , you may want to install a taller front sight .

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »
Nice, I really would like one on a 61, a Pocket Police would be even better, but that's just me.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2021, 08:13:35 PM »
Major 2, I tried shooting high once, but it messed up with my accuracy.

I'll just remember to shoot as if they're all riding Shetlands.

NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com